Giving TFP a Try

FC is at 7.5 this morning. I did a full range of tests. I subscribed to the app, and turned on access to this site. I’m assuming results will be in my profile now. TA is 200 and ph is 8.2. Add muratic acid to bring ph down? Will this bring TA down? How do I get TA the rest of the way down?

Thanks!

Your Poolmath logs are visible.

Keep lowering your pH to 7.4 when it hits 8. That will lower your TA over time. No need to do anything else to effect the TA.

TA has no effect on the sanitation of the pool water.

TA effects pH rise and contributes to CSI, which you do not need to worry about.

pH rises due to aeration or chemical addition (borax, soda ash, etc).

Reactions: wireform
I do not think TA level is all that critical at close. When you cover the pool the aeration should reduce dramatically.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
One last post for this thread:
Want to thank everyone for the advice and feedback through the process. Kids swam yesterday and I am still blown away by how crystal clear the water is! Now that I have my new powder I feel confident that each test provides me precise results to manage my pool by - no more guess work or reliance on pool store! I am sold on TFP!

Attachments

• 45B9729B-8216-4400-8FEB-2FAB631EB4C3.jpeg
    45B9729B-8216-4400-8FEB-2FAB631EB4C3.jpeg
    782.6 KB · Views: 17
Congratulations on your pool success story!!

If you are so inclined and able, please consider becoming supporter of TFP. We are all volunteers and the site, which accepts no advertising, is run entirely on donations.
Become a TFP Supporter

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.