GFCI breaker keeps tripping

Alexr54

Jun 17, 2015
Florida
I have narrowed it down to my prologic board. Seems whenever i run the power to the board on it trips my GFCI breaker which is powering my pool lights.
Is there some common fault i am missing? I am searching for where the prologic board is causing the GFCI to trip, but having no luck yet.

I just switched my lights from 12v to 120v and wanted a GFCI breaker for protection.

Follow your wiring and see if there is any place outside the main service panel where ground and neutral are connected. This is a common wiring fault that newer GFCI devices can detect but which often showed no problems with a non-GFCI breaker.

Reactions: Alexr54
Alex,

Did it ever work since you changed your lights to 120 volts? How did you even do that? Did you just stick in new bulbs? Tell us more about what you did..

In theory, your GFCI should not be powering your main control board, just the power going to the lights. :scratch:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Alex,

Did it ever work since you changed your lights to 120 volts? How did you even do that? Did you just stick in new bulbs? Tell us more about what you did..

In theory, your GFCI should not be powering your main control board, just the power going to the lights. :scratch:

Thanks,

Jim R.

The new lights work perfectly fine using a regular breaker. I used to have the colorlogic 2.5. I upgraded to colorlogic 4.0 lights.
All I had to do was bypass the 12v transformer. Pretty simple really. Its not like i magically got 12v lights working on a 120v line :). Sorry if thats how it sounded.
I also added in the aql-color-modv which also works perfectly fine and detects my lights.

The only thing that wont work is when i put in a GFCB. And its most likely due to what JohnT said bout the ground and neutral connected somewhere. Thanks for that tip!
Worst case ill skip the GFCB and put an older GFCI outlet just for the lights for safety.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.