Getting SWG pool swim-worthy after a SLAM?

We've seen similar situations as yours where the water is crystal clear but yet loosing FC. There must be algae hiding somewhere. If you have any return lines that aren't used regularly, like water feature pipes, sprays and things like that. Algae can hide and grow in seldom used pipes. If you have them, turn them on.

Also, behind the pool light is one of the most desirable hiding places for algae.

I had thought of removing the pool light to check. Obviously they are under water and I'm not keen on draining 8000 gallons. Can it be done while they are submerged?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark,

I try to keep my FC just slightly higher than recommended in this chart... https://www.troublefreepool.com/content/128-chlorine-cya-chart-slam-shock

I have a SWCG pool with a CYA of 70, so my target is 5 and I try to stay right around 6 or slightly higher...

I recommended 10 ppm for you as you have a CYA of 70 with a non-SWCG pool so your target is 8 to 10 and I like the high end of the recommendation.

Jim R.

Thanks Jim! That is exactly where I try to keep my level too with my SWG pool.

I had thought of removing the pool light to check. Obviously they are under water and I'm not keen on draining 8000 gallons. Can it be done while they are submerged?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. There is a screw that hold the housing in and the sealed unit pops out. If the light was installed like most I've seen, they leave enough wire so you can put the light on deck. Be ready if you decide to do this as there is usually a bunch of gunk behind there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.