Getting ready to order heat pump any input

Whodeymckee

Gold Supporter
Mar 11, 2018
Eaton/Ohio
SW Ohio 20x40 (3'4" to 6' deep) auto pool cover looking to purchase a heat put was looking at Heat Pump Hayward 140,000 BTU Heat pro (HAYHP21404T) all my other equipment is Hayward let me know what you think or recommend thanks

Fwiw...Our previous pool utilized a Heatsiphon brand heat pump, though I dont remember the model number. All I can say is that for the 7 years we used it (and presumably for the previous owner as well), it performed flawlessly. Very efficient and never once needed service. Because of my experience with it, I'm going with another Heatsiphon for our new build.

Any of the name brand heat pumps are fine. Most use hvac guts from major hvac mfg like carrier or trane. Hayward is fine. Heaters are the only item where brand of automation doesn't require same brand. Automation controls heaters via a fireman switch which is basically just an on/off switch. Be sure to have your heat pump serviced by your HVAC company same as your home heat pump/AC.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.