Getting ready to order heat pump any input

Whodeymckee

Gold Supporter
Mar 12, 2018
Eaton/Ohio
SW Ohio 20x40 (3'4" to 6' deep) auto pool cover looking to purchase a heat put was looking at Heat Pump Hayward 140,000 BTU Heat pro (HAYHP21404T) all my other equipment is Hayward let me know what you think or recommend thanks

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 11, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
I have seen quite a few people say the raypack heaters are the best. You can do a search in the white search box at the top of this page to see what they have to say.

BMK

Bronze Supporter
Mar 30, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Fwiw...Our previous pool utilized a Heatsiphon brand heat pump, though I dont remember the model number. All I can say is that for the 7 years we used it (and presumably for the previous owner as well), it performed flawlessly. Very efficient and never once needed service. Because of my experience with it, I'm going with another Heatsiphon for our new build.

pooldv

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Platinum Supporter
TFP Expert
Aug 10, 2012
DFW, TX
Any of the name brand heat pumps are fine. Most use hvac guts from major hvac mfg like carrier or trane. Hayward is fine. Heaters are the only item where brand of automation doesn't require same brand. Automation controls heaters via a fireman switch which is basically just an on/off switch. Be sure to have your heat pump serviced by your HVAC company same as your home heat pump/AC.