Getting ready to make the plunge to SWG and variable speed pump

Sep 15, 2017
Harrisburg, PA
We have been thinking about switching to SWG for quite some time now and I think it may be time. With the both of use working long hours there isn't much time left in the day to keep on top of the chemicals like we should. I think the SWG will at least help with maintaining FC while buying us some time in between water testing. I am also interested in getting a variable speed pump to help out with electrical costs. Granted it is the end of the season for us and will be closing the pool here in a couple weeks.

I saw in another thread mentioned the Circupool RJ series pumps for sale on Discount Salt Pool. I am looking at doing the RJ-45 Plus with the $20 upgrade to the RJ-60 Plus and also doing the Circupool VJ-3 Enduraflo Variable speed pump since it can control the SWG also. I can save $80 by not having to buy a timer either. Curious to see what you all think of the setup and if there is anything I am missing that I may need before placing the order. Their sale ends on the 19th.

George,

I have not heard much feedback, good or bad, about CircuPool pumps... I really like the fact that it has an internal SWCG controlling relay.. In my mind, something that should be standard on every VS pump.

I suggest you buy it and then give us a review.... :p

Most all of the feedback here at TFP has given the CircuPool RJ-60 pretty good ratings...

Thanks,

Jim R.

George,

I have not heard much feedback, good or bad, about CircuPool pumps... I really like the fact that it has an internal SWCG controlling relay.. In my mind, something that should be standard on every VS pump.

I suggest you buy it and then give us a review.... :p

Most all of the feedback here at TFP has given the CircuPool RJ-60 pretty good ratings...

Thanks,

Jim R.

It looks like I will end up providing feedback on the pump. Haven't ordered yet but may do so tomorrow. The SWG definitely has good feedback and the few reviews on the pump are all positive on the vendors website.

I did place the order for the Circupool RJ-60 Plus and the VJ-3 pump. Won't be till spring till I can post my results but hopefully all will go well.

One question I did want to ask is we have a pool house with a bathroom which is basically a shed and the pump equipment is right beside it. Curious if it will hurt the control boxes for the SWG and the pump to mount them inside the shed? Would heat be an issue? It would be mounted in the bathroom side which has a door that is closed almost 100% of the time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.