Geometric gunite pool build in west Houston suburb

Plumbing started today. They were not able to finish so will be coming back tomorrow. They had to manually dig the massive holes for the piping. Amazing how much pipes there are. Equipment was delivered as well.

2017-07-31_3527.jpg
2017-07-31_3532.jpg

My comment when I saw all the pipe leading to my pad was that it looked like a "river of pipe". Yours looks more like a "sea of pipe"! That doesn't look very deep. If you are planning a pool fence, be careful when installing it!

Finalized our pool design after meeting with 8 builders and getting 7 quotes. We negotiated and selected the builder that was in the middle of the range and probably has the best reputation. This website has been amazing in helping me make an informed decision with design considerations and builder selection. Here are pics of the layout, rendering and selections.

Some Specs:
Pebblesheen Aqua Blue
Pentair equipment
Rolled-edge spa
Travertine coping
Split-face Travertine on the back raised walls
Spray-deck for existing and new concrete decking
NOT saltwater
Cartridge filter
still debating between Taylor K-2006 or TF-100 ;);)

Do you happen to have close up pictures or know what the stacked stone color/brand is and the spray deck color? Love what you chose!

Do you happen to have close up pictures or know what the stacked stone color/brand is and the spray deck color? Love what you chose!

Hi tifftx - the split face travertine tile is branded Keystone Tile model KSSF712-6 Noce Panel Split Face 7x12. So the color is Noce. The name of the spray deck color was "sandstone" but this could vary depending on the company installing it. Your pool builder should have samples that you can pick from for the spray deck. They also said you could go pick out a paint sample from a paintstore and they could match it

After a big storm this past Tuesday (Aug 8) that caused some flooding, things dried out and cleared up. Tiling is taking 4 full days, but the tilers are doing a meticulous and awesome job.

Pic after the storm. I used a pump the contractors had to pump out the water
2017-08-08_3543.jpg

Grouting and trim tile should be completed on Monday
2017-08-12_3548.jpg

Rolled edge spa tiling is looking great:
2017-08-12_3550.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Since I can't see your signature line I have no idea if you have the awesome TF-100 test kit. The TF-100 will clear that water right up ;)

Hi tifftx - the split face travertine tile is branded Keystone Tile model KSSF712-6 Noce Panel Split Face 7x12. So the color is Noce. The name of the spray deck color was "sandstone" but this could vary depending on the company installing it. Your pool builder should have samples that you can pick from for the spray deck. They also said you could go pick out a paint sample from a paintstore and they could match it

This is similar to what we chose! Tiramisu split face ledgestone! I can't wait to see ours finally come together! Picking everything out was rather overwhelming!!! LOL
Yours is coming along nicely!!!! Can't wait to see your finished product :)
I completely forgot the spray deck color I chose..... will have to get all of that info! haha.

Your pipes are probably that deep so it's below the frost line. Here, nothing freezes... we are more likely to catch on fire due to the heat. haha. I am guessing around here, it's just deep enough to keep from being damaged.

Could be or maybe just code variance.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.