charlton Massachusetts
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-3)
Hi. I’ve read the many threads on this issue. My Haywood system needs trouble shooting but the only way I can keep chlorine in is to shock repeatedly. How much liquid chlorine should I add for a 10000gallon pool to avoid bacteria developing while I try to fix this issue?

A few things to help get this troubleshooting started:
1 - How are you testing your water? We need to see a full set of water test results from a TF-100/TF-Pro or Taylor K-2006C test kit. The water chemistry is an extremely important factor for SWGs.
2 - How old is your SWG?
3 - Which Hayward SWG do you have? What exactly is (or is not) happening? Can you post some pics for us?

How much liquid chlorine should I add for a 10000gallon pool to avoid bacteria developing while I try to fix this issue?
For now, about 1/2 gallon per day. That could change though depending on the additional info provided.

Hello everyone. I see the threads about salt water generators not producing chlorine and that is my issue as well.
How do I know if it’s my cell or the generator that needs replacing? The cell is 3 years old and clean. The generator is 8 years old…readings are
Salt default 3400
Cell voltage 26.3
Amperage 5.16
On Super chlorinate
System reads for salt 5300
Al.1
r 1.59
T5
Pool store tested water salt test indicated 1500 so added 100 lbs salt as instructed.
Still not generating clorine and no lights flashing check salt or high salt
Ugh

The cell numbers you posted (amps, etc) look okay. Do not trust the SWG/cell module salt readings. You should always test salt with a Taylor K-1766 test kit. Much more reliable.

Speaking of testing, please post a full set of water test results. If your water has excessive organics, the SWG will never keep up. Do you see ANY tiny bubbles coming out of the return jets when the system is on?

Where can I get it?
Do you see my signature on each post? If not, you may be using a portable device, so turn it sideways. There's a link to the TF-100. There you can find the TF-Pro Salt which would be my recommendation. You can also shop online for a Taylor K-2006C kit, but you'll also need to add the Taylor K-1766 for the salt test. You need your own test kit for sure. Don't do much of anything based on the free local testing. It's horrible.