socalstefan

Mar 28, 2020
CA
new to this forum- decided to join after being fed up of paying $$$ to pool 'people' and being ripped off.
I have an in ground pool that is in need of a water change and re skim but been delaying (college fees!).
I used to have a 'pol man' but he went in 2018 and I don't check the water other than lob in a few chlorine tablets every so often....I dont like faffing around with the PH reader in little bottles- although I do have one and should.
Went to use the heater at the weekend, (replacement installed 2018) and it failed on ignition/pilot light. Very disappointed as the ignitor was replaced last year ($300). I checked the ignigtor- works fine, no blockages gas line (natural) switched on but I cannot smell any gas.......another reason to join the forum....Help!

Welcome! You may be perfectly happy with your method. If you'd like to better understand your pool this is a good place to start...

ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Most do come here due to issues. Feel free to inquire and ask questions. A recommended test kit Test Kits Compared is what you would need to get started doing things by the TFP method for clear and safe water.