Gap

• Thread starter Deleted member 360877
  • Start date
Color me confused..........................none of that makes any sense....................Do you have a copy of the plans?

So there is a trough on the right side of the spa BUT the trough slopes up to no trough at the back of the spa? Is there supposes to be water there?

The floating pads in the deep end= say what??? again there looks like a trough of sorts behind them AND you are saying there will be space under them for someone to come up in the water and hit their heads on them?????

Again, do you have the plans? I REALLY need to see them to see what is what. Looks like someone was getting a bit fancy with design elements and the pool builder did not know how to do it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Color me confused..........................none of that makes any sense....................Do you have a copy of the plans?

So there is a trough on the right side of the spa BUT the trough slopes up to no trough at the back of the spa? Is there supposes to be water there?

The floating pads in the deep end= say what??? again there looks like a trough of sorts behind them AND you are saying there will be space under them for someone to come up in the water and hit their heads on them?????

Again, do you have the plans? I REALLY need to see them to see what is what. Looks like someone was getting a bit fancy with design elements and the pool builder did not know how to do it.

The floating step pads hang 6” over the deep end wall unlike normal coping that extends 1.25”
They are calling the floating step pads "coping"? How are they attached to the pool. Is there any space under them on the back and sides. That open area behind them are going to be a nightmare to keep clean. I also worry about people tripping or wedging their feet in the open around the pads.
There is now a 6” gap around the sides of the perimeter spa instead of the 2” gap because of how wide the PB built the trough.
Is the spa supposed to overflow into the trough? Is there any trough at the back of the spa? Again that area is going to be hard to keep clean. I also worry about people getting hurt in that area.

They are calling the floating step pads "coping"? How are they attached to the pool. Is there any space under them on the back and sides. That open area behind them are going to be a nightmare to keep clean. I also worry about people tripping or wedging their feet in the open around the pads.

Is the spa supposed to overflow into the trough? Is there any trough at the back of the spa? Again that area is going to be hard to keep clean. I also worry about people getting hurt in that area.
The builder made it 6” around the step pads and his explanation to us was it needs to 6” wide so if your foot falls in you can get out

Last edited by a moderator:
So we will work with the spa gap then...........................Set up two boards so they are 6" apart and another set at 2". Play with your foot getting in and out of each. THEN play with spa as it is. Can you get into the spa? Could you sit on the side of the pool and swing your legs in and out? Can you stand at the side of the pool and put your bottom on the spa edge and swing your legs over into the spa.

So we will work with the spa gap then...........................Set up two boards so they are 6" apart and another set at 2". Play with your foot getting in and out of each. THEN play with spa as it is. Can you get into the spa? Could you sit on the side of the pool and swing your legs in and out? Can you stand at the side of the pool and put your bottom on the spa edge and swing your legs over into the spa.
The spa sits 2’ above the pool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.