Gallons size per pool: Use what Intex manufacture say on Box? Or use Pool calculation based on measuring pool with equation?

arosas

Silver Supporter
May 26, 2019
Dresden, TN
Which to use?? Using the Pool Calculator I have been using the Gallon size that Intex/Coleman printed on box for our 18ftx48 pool. But when I used the equation to figure gallon size. There seems to be a 500gallon difference. I have been using the Pool Calculator to log & follow what chemicals to use to balance pool. Having a wee-little issue getting pH and TA to stay at target/goal. But I think it may be because I have put in the manufacturer figures for Gallons . The goal/target are based on those figures? Which should I use? And maybe I did the math wrong. Pool box say 6,092 gallon at 90% full. ( as far as I understand) My calculation- 6,660gallons

Have you been hitting your targets when adding chemicals? If you are over/ under shooting, then adjust the volume. It is not critically important.

Note that pH is going to always be drifting. Rare to get it locked in.

Have you been hitting your targets when adding chemicals? If you are over/ under shooting, then adjust the volume. It is not critically important.

Note that pH is going to always be drifting. Rare to get it locked in.

Adjusting slowly to hit targets. I have Well Water. pH has actually been pretty stable. It’s my TA that actually keeps swinging. (Placed new order for Taylor CYA reagent , waiting for it to be shipped. ) Thats why I was wondering about the volume/gallons. Thank You for replying? I am going to try adjusting volume and see how that goes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.