Fusion Soft Cell vs SWG

Pool southeast PA

Bronze Supporter
Jan 17, 2017
Glen Mills PA
I am in the process of building a new pool. We had an original proposal that included "Clear vision Nature 2". We specifically mentioned that we did not want mineral, but a SWG. The salesperson agreed and the budget was increased by $1000. I asked for clarification on the equipment to be installed and was told that the PB uses Jandy. Now they equipment has been installed and the PB installed a Fusion soft system. I questioned the PB and mentioned that I was expecting the aquapure. He told me that this is the SWG system they use and I do not have to use the mineral cartridge. I am very confused by the difference between the Fusion soft and a SWG. What is the current view on the Fusion Soft? Should I accept this as the agreed SWG system and just not use the mineral cell or should I push to get a different system?

I saw old posts about hacksawing the cartridges to separate the mineral from the salt?????

It appears to me from looking at specs that the system they installed is rated for 15000 gallons. It is undersized for your pool. You need a minimum of 2X your pool volume to properly be able to sanitize your pool during the summer without having to run your pump 24 hours a day, and even at that, most likely supplement with bleach.

I would tell them to install a plain SWCG, nothing with a mineral anything. You can do better.

Take care.

P,

Fusion is a Nature 2 cartridge system... If they added $1,000 for an upgrade.. what upgrade did you get. I suggest that you tell your PB he promised an Aquapure and that is what you want.

What is actually written in your contract and what did the change order for the additional thousand bucks call out?? A 40K Aquapure is only about $1,000 to begin with... I'm puzzled??

https://www.poolsupplyunlimited.com/JandyAPURE1400AquaPureSaltChlorineGenerator/136369p1?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvbSgse6d1QIVQhxpCh3ucwM6EAQYAiABEgLqAvD_BwE

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim R. All good questions. I asked of the sales personfrom A&S and this is the response. I do not understand what he is saying.

"Nothing. Salt, mineral , ozination, are all upgraded , supplemental sanitation systems, not included in base pool. The base pool does not come with any sanitation system. You manually test & treat the water like people have done for many years."

So your initial contract included no form of sanitation system. Thus they are charging you $1000 to install one. Is that how you interpreted the contract?

If you are paying for the sanitation system, have them install the one you want. If they will not, have them leave room for it in the plumbing, buy it yourself, and have a professional install it. Still warranted that way.

Take care.

Reactions: BowserB
I am looking at the contract and the sanitization equipment reads yes and "salt system". It was the original proposal that, I guess, did not have a sanitation system. Although my recollection of the conversation is that we had a mineral system (Nature 2) and if we wanted to upgrade to a salt it would be an additional $1000. The problem is when I asked for clarification the only detail I received was "Jandy equipment" I do not have anything that states Aquapure. Being very naive to SW systems, I want to know is the Fusion Soft considered a salt sanitizer? The plumbing is done, so is it a matter of adding the salt system to what I have with the Fusion?

The fusion is a combo salt / mineral sanitizer. You do not want it. Have them put in what you want. Or get the $1000 back and have them remove it and put in what you want using a different installer.

Be sure whatever SWCG you put in is sized for 2X your pool volume. VERY important.

take care.

P,

Quit screwing with sales people.. Find out who owns, or runs, the local company and send them an e-mail, or letter, stating that you are not happy and want to have a meeting to discuss the problem. Hound them with phone calls until they agree to a meeting.

Tell the owner that you do not want the Fusion mineral system and that you were promised and paid for Aquapure... What is the worst thing he can say???

Even if you have to pay an additional fee you will still be much better off.

Thanks,

Jim R.

The fusion is a combo salt / mineral sanitizer. You do not want it. Have them put in what you want. Or get the $1000 back and have them remove it and put in what you want using a different installer.

Be sure whatever SWCG you put in is sized for 2X your pool volume. VERY important.

take care.

I know the minerals are said to be a no-no, but this system is rated for 40k gallons (FS1400) and the company guarantees it will not stain the pool. But in either case, without using the mineral cartridge, wouldn't it be just fine as the SWG? I also have been spec'd this by my PB and no equipment has been installed yet.

Nature2 Fusion Soft Mineral Sanitizer

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Typically speaking, when a sanitizer system is based on "minerals" the manufacturer makes the assumption that the "minerals" will do such a wonderful job at keeping algae at bay that you then only need a very small scale SWG to generate chlorine. The current industry thinking on the subject is that if you maintain a copper mineral concentration somewhere near 1ppm, then you only need 0.5-1.5ppm FC. Thus, what they manufactur is a weak SWG and couple it with a mineral injection system (either by physical dissolution of a mineral stick or an electrochemical dissolution of a copper bar).

TFP does not advocate using "alternative" sanitizer systems at all because they simply do not work as billed AND they leave you with the prospect of unsanitary water if you follow their FC guidelines. You are much better off just using a straight SWG system to generate free chlorine and follow the FC/CYA ratios that are taught here.

PG,

I have no first hand experience with Jandy stuff, but my understanding is that you can't just leave the mineral cartridge out..

Let's see if we can get an actual user to chime in.....

Thanks,

Jim R.

I called Jandy and was told that you can not leave the cartridge out. The customer service person said there is an alarm or alert if the cartridge is not in place. Agree I would like to hear from some current users...

I told my PB that I did not want the fusion soft and to replace it with the regular Jandy salt only sanitizer. So that settles that!

I am going to keep the FusionSoft. My PB assures me that you can run this without the mineral cartridge. I don't care if I use the "starter" cartridge and just never replace it or else empty it out. I also found that it creates 567g of Chlorine a day, the exact same as the Jandy PLC1400 which is a Chlorine only generator. Supposedly this is better quality (3 year warranty) than the PLC1400 (1 year warranty) which my PB says they always break down.

Just got a call from my PB. They are also going to remove the Fusion and install the AquaPure.....Thanks for all the advise and encouragement to see this battle through!
HI _ I think we have the same builder and salesperson. Has the salt system been destructive on your equipment? They are steering me towards Fusion Mineral and away from salt, but we've always had a salt water pool. Any insights?

E,

If you have always had a saltwater pool, what would every make your change??? I'd just as soon fill my pool in before I'd give up my saltwater pool.. They can't make money if you don't buy their Mineral cartridges...

Thanks,

Jim R.

E,

If you have always had a saltwater pool, what would every make your change??? I'd just as soon fill my pool in before I'd give up my saltwater pool.. They can't make money if you don't buy their Mineral cartridges...

Thanks,

Jim R.
Our saltwater pools were always in California where our water features were made with faux rocks. In PA, they are telling the salt will deteriorate the real rocks in our water features. We've always bought houses with pools in place so building one is new to us! Any thoughts?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.