Full backyard renovation in Charlotte, NC

They chipped DEEP to get around those returns................I have to agree with Allen........PB should cover all the costs! Share these pics with your PB IN WRITING and say nope to the extra bill.

Every thing from now on should be ONLY in writing between you and the PB.
Thanks! You've been so incredibly helpful this entire time. I really appreciate it.

I haven't practiced law in a while, but I'll have an argument ready if it gets to that.

And here's the final product. I ended up paying for the leak repair, but contractor picked up the cost of replastering the patch. They did a good job getting the patch as close to the color of the rest of the plaster, to where you can't really see it unless you're looking for it.

So Phase 1 is finally done. Now on to painting that brick white and building the outdoor kitchen.

final pool picture.jpg

Man I love that color!!! I looked for the patches and could not find them in the picture!! NICE!

Please go to this link: Pool Finish and Color Viewing Room...TFP Member Sound Off to share that pretty plaster. Take pics looking down at the steps and the deep end to show the color changes at different depths. Make note of the plaster kind and color. That needs to be shared to show it off!

Kim:kim:

Reactions: ogjorge
Before:
before pool picture.jpg

After:
final pool picture.jpg

Spent the entire day enjoying my new pool and deck. Waiting for all the lounge chairs, patio furniture, and umbrellas to arrive so we can set them up.

Question: What else would you do to this patio to make it better? I'm planning to paint all the brick white, replace the iron railings, build an outdoor kitchen with bar. Some of my neighbors have built in fireplaces with waterfalls. But you guys are the experts. What else can I do to make this my perfect oasis?

Question: What else would you do to this patio to make it better? I'm planning to paint all the brick white, replace the iron railings, build an outdoor kitchen with bar. Some of my neighbors have built in fireplaces with waterfalls. But you guys are the experts. What else can I do to make this my perfect oasis?

I would put a bunch of kids around and in the pool, all appropriately socially distanced, to enjoy your hard work.

I would put a bunch of kids around and in the pool, all appropriately socially distanced, to enjoy your hard work.
+1 all day long. And the irony is that while you notice all those small details while standing there scrutinizing it, Once there is life going on in the middle of a BBQ, They all go *poof* and disappear. You’ll have more compliments than you know what to do with.

One of these: Intex Unicorn Inflatable Ride-On Pool Float, 79" X 55" X 38" - Walmart.com
and one of these: Intex Inflatable Flamingo Ride On Pool Float, 56" x 54" x 38" - Walmart.com
LOL

Now the real ideas:
A fire pit table. There are gas and wood burning so you can pick which one you like the best. Put it over in one of the corners with some comfy chairs around it.

How about a round, shaded daybed? Here is what I found: https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...TYuNZgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXqwAQY&sclient=psy-ab

Comfy benches all along the walls with umbrellas between them.

Kim:kim:

I would caution against painting any part of a house *stark* white. You need to temper that white with just a couple drops of black per gallon to take away the brightness....adds just a bit of patina or character.

Otherwise it looks *marvelous*, really.

Before:
View attachment 134697

After:
View attachment 134698

“But you guys are the experts. What else can I do to make this my perfect oasis?”

Beautiful! Your design choices and choice of contractor shows in the final product.

Have you thought of plants to help soften the space? Big planter bowls with small palms, hibiscus or even winter hibiscus that you can cut down for the winter and will grow back. Maybe even hanging baskets?

We are getting ready to break ground on our build in Wilmington and just purchased some of our furniture this week. So... hopefully we will soon have a pool for our stuff.
Again, beautiful!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Me personally I would hire a Landscape architect to add benches, planters and interest that can be integrated into the brick wall. Or diy that. You have a great spot for some huge pots with benches in the back. I would also do out door lighting to accentuate that when done.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.