Frustration. My pool is a swamp.

emilye

Apr 29, 2014
Graham, Tx
This is the first year I have had any trouble with my intex 16 ft pool I have a 1 hp sand filter. It has cleared the water right up at the beginning of the season previously, but so much trouble this year. I had put many gallons of pool chlorine 10% in the pool over 1.5 months. I have made progress to grey cloudy where you could see about 1.5 feet into the water. But that only last maybe a day and back to green. There is nothing on the sides or bottom of the pool. I have even changed the sand. I am at a loss. My pH has not been stable. It has been very basic, so I added acid per the pool calculator.
These are my current test results and I have attached a picture. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Emily

20180627_135742.jpg
FC 15
CC 0
CH 300
TA 80
CYA 50
PH 7.2

Emilye, are you following our SLAM process to clean the pool? ---> SLAM Process <---

Your FC level should be 20ppm for a CYA value of 50, and re-tested and dosed as often as possible till entirely clear and will pass an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test.
If you could test hourly when ever you're home that would be ideal. Every time the FC drops below your SLAM kill level (20ppm) your existing algae will keep reproducing again.

How are you testing? Do you have one of the recommended test kits?

Maddie :flower:

A couple things you need to consider:

1) Follow SLAM as you know the routine.

2) Brush lightly all over a few times daily to keep algae off the wall and floors and keep suspended in the pool.

3) Make sure that the pump is running 24/7.

4) Take pictures each and every day around the same time to see your progress.

5) Track your progress on a spreadsheet or manually as you will know if progress is being made by the bleach additions daily. You should see yourself using less each and every day. The first few days not that much of a difference, but in a few days, less each day.

Remember that adding bleach during sun light hours will burn off a little faster, than say adding early morning and late at night with no sun. If in the middle of the day, add another 1 or 2 ppm, which will burn off pretty quickly.

I have added 1/2 cup de. If I go over, I lose water pressure and immediately have to backwash. I believe it might be a little clearer. I have back washed and added de 3 times now in the past 24 hours. I am still keeping it at shock level.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.