Frustrated glowbright owner

Stevelose

Feb 7, 2019
Hello everyone, we built our pool in 2017 with four glowbrights installed and since then we have had three die, two within the first two years and another one died after it was replaced within two years. After speaking with the Pentair rep they now have a new microbright adapter that will fit into the glowbright niche. I’m curious has anybody gone with the microbrights using the adapter that they offer now? I’m also looking for a Feedback on microbrights in general because I’m fed up with the glowbrights. Thanks in advance for your replies

Hello Steve, welcome to TFP :)
When we talk to folks pre-build, we *always* advise them to avoid the Globrites for just the reasons you have experienced. The Microbrites have a much better reputation.
I was not aware Pentair had come out with an adapter.... but it sure is long overdo! If you go with it please let us know how it works out for you, ok?

Maddie :flower:

Hello Steve, welcome to TFP :)
When we talk to folks pre-build, we *always* advise them to avoid the Globrites for just the reasons you have experienced. The Microbrites have a much better reputation.
I was not aware Pentair had come out with an adapter.... but it sure is long overdo! If you go with it please let us know how it works out for you, ok?

Maddie :flower:
Thanks Maddie, unfortunately, due to the current shortage in supplies , no local vendors here in Florida have the adapter for the globrite to microbrite. I guess I either have to reinstall a globrite again or wait until the component is available.

Look into Florida Sunseeker lights. They have lights that can adapt to the Globrite niche.

Thank you I did speak with Florida sun seeker already, and unfortunately while their lights are highly recommended, they do not sync up with the Pentair easy touch control panel and you can not run any kind of light program with them as a result. also if I did go with them I would have to replace all four lights in the pool , so I’m not sure that’s going to be my best option at this point. I’ll just stick with Pentair at this point and eventually try out the microbrites.

Last edited:
Look into Florida Sunseeker lights. They have lights that can adapt to the Globrite niche.
Thank you, I did speak with Florida sun seeker already, and unfortunately while their lights are highly recommended, they do not sync up with the Pentair easy touch control panel and you can not run any kind of light program with them. Apparently you just have to flip them on and off manually to be able to activate thei lights. also if I did go with them I would have to replace all four lights in the pool , so I’m not sure that’s going to be my best option at this point. I’ll just stick with Pentair and home someone gets the adapter in stock.

Also for a reference if anyone else is looking into this. Pentair makes the adapter itself : The 618040 MicroBrite-to-GloBrite adaptor installs onto any MicroBrite Light and allows it to be mounted into a GloBrite Niche or a ColorVision Bubble. and they also now offer a micro Brite-G light kit (item # 620166) which comes as a micro brite, color light along with the adapter but only in 150’ foot cord length. I’m also looking to try and find these but have been unsuccessful so far

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Also for a reference if anyone else is looking into this. Pentair makes the adapter itself:
The 618040 MicroBrite-to-GloBrite adaptor installs onto any MicroBrite Light and allows it to be mounted into a GloBrite Niche or a ColorVision Bubbler.

and they also now offer a micro Brite-G light kit (item # 620166) which comes as a micro brite color light along with the adapter but only in 150’ foot cord length. I’m also looking to try and find these but have been unsuccessful so far

Reactions: Turbo1Ton
@Stevelose - Thanks for posting this up. I have the Globrites because I hadn't joined TFP at the point my pool build began. Mine are still going ok at ~1.5 years after install (knock on formica covered countertop), but I am awaiting their short life, based on everything I've read here. I will definitely be looking into the Microbrite adapter or Microbrite G when the time comes.

--Jeff

@Stevelose - Thanks for posting this up. I have the Globrites because I hadn't joined TFP at the point my pool build began. Mine are still going ok at ~1.5 years after install (knock on formica covered countertop), but I am awaiting their short life, based on everything I've read here. I will definitely be looking into the Microbrite adapter or Microbrite G when the time comes.

--Jeff
I’ll definitely post an update if I can ever find out about how to get a hold of these things

--Jeff
Hey Jeff just following up. Our first two glow brites died just before the three-year mark however since we bought a bundle from Pentair for our new pool build they were covered under warranty. since then I’ve had two additional lights die. I have contacted Pentair to find out if anybody carries the conversion parts and I will update this thread once I hear from them. I had no luck calling local vendors and even calling a company up in New Hampshire .

• Sad
Reactions: YippeeSkippy
Well it’s been almost a week and no reply from Pentair and my local Pentair rep says he can’t find them anywhere . I will update later if I hear anything else, but it looks like I’m gonna have to put another glow bright in my spa if I would like a light🙄

• Sad
Reactions: Turbo1Ton
Nice to hear there are options. I bought my house a year ago and the pool is now 3 years old. My pool has 4 globrite lights (2 side and 2 bubblers). They all look original so I have been lucky it sounds like. Will keep an eye out for the new lights if mine die.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.