FRUSTRADED First time SLAMMER...Stay the course or time for some clarifier???

crocop

May 5, 2016
Toronto
So today is the 8th day of my SLAM, and although it seems to be getting better, I cannot shake the cloudyness!!!

It is so frustrating as today is 32 degrees (celsius) and no on can swim.

Here are some progress photos:

Day 1:
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Day 4/5:

Today (day 8):

I feel like im close, but not there yet. I started adding DE to the filter to see if it speeds things up.

I am thinking of adding a clarifier or Natural Chemistry First Aid chemical...

What do people think?

That's actually a huge improvement from the first image. It took more than 8 days to get that green, taking more than 8 to come clean doesn't seem unusual to me at all. I'd stick with the SLAM, making sure FC is where it needs to be, pump running 24/7 and brushing. ALOT.

Hard to tell from your pictures but can you see the bottom of the deep end? If so, go swimming! Best to have your FC at or just below the shock level. Might not wear your newest most fashionable swimming trunks but nothing bad will happen.

Take care,

left my main drain on last night...did like 75% main drain and 25% skimmer and saw a bit more improvement

Is it normal to take this long to clear cloudy water? I know sand filters are slower....but this been 9 days now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
DONE!!

passed my Slam! Been a long 17 days, but water is clear, CC is 0 and loss at night is 1PPM.!!

Pre:
wjjkewY.jpg

BcSSxJy.jpg

Yesterday:

H2wURzf.jpg

xs4Otb0.jpg

OBYZSb7.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.