From a Basic Lawn to Private Resort - We Have A Pool! Controlling Pollen...

It's raining this morning and I'm really praying it doesn't affect our plaster with raindrop stains😖.
The good thing about raindrops is random pattern and consistency across the pool. The concern is mainly streaking which is what may have happened if you let people go into the spa so great that you halted that event!!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: elleb
On the hunt for pool safety equipment like emegency life preserver rings, shepherd's hooks, marine grade eye hooks for deep end dividers for swim lane separation, manual vaccum with brushes no wheels for use in the first four weeks on the pool floor since our pool robot cannot go in the water yet, and other ideas you may have used or that would be essential for a safe environment for a residential pool. If yall have any links or advice, please share! It's greatly appreciated. I am signing us up for CPR classes. Our youngest starts swim lessons on Saturday if everything is properly balanced. Thanks so much again.

Last edited:
We have always kept a small, medium and large life vest in the pool toys deck box. When the get together is hours deep, anyone may be tired and it allows them to keep going.

For the littles, 'puddle jumpers' are the bees knees for comfort and function. We found that while we were done having kids, others were still going strong so there were many years of littles around, long past 'our turn' with it.

I like the Hayward triangle brush vac. It kills two birds with one stone and the VS pump allows you to dial the flow to its sweet spot.

Reactions: elleb
I love it! Just the right color for the tile, and the bling adds elegance vs looking tacky. Nailed it! I can feel the excitement, and am excited for you. We use our pool pretty much daily, and since finishing up last year, our only regret has also been, "why didn't we do this sooner!"

I love it! Just the right color for the tile, and the bling adds elegance vs looking tacky. Nailed it! I can feel the excitement, and am excited for you. We use our pool pretty much daily, and since finishing up last year, our only regret has also been, "why didn't we do this sooner!"

Right, that's ours! We feel at this moment that it's worth every penny and the memories that we create with our children, extended family, and friends will last a lifetime, and that sir is priceless! 🥰

Update, we are approaching water at the baja shelf! We should have a completely filled pool by sometime tonight! 🥳 Also, I caught a freeloader sunbathing and he skinny dipped earlier this morning. I'm gonna have to charge him for using the facilities ahead of the owners 🤣

20230710_153930.jpg20230710_154140.jpg20230710_154145.jpg20230710_154845.jpg

I skimmed again this afternoon. The stone crew is back and installing 7 umbrella sleeves for us.
20230710_135137.jpg
20230710_135231.jpg

We are going to have some marine grade stainless steel d-ring eye hooks installed to place a safety buie before the deep end for when timid pool goers are visiting.
Screenshot_20230710_111717_Chrome.jpg

Other than that it's a slow day since we had so much rain to come in in the wee-hours of the morning...

Reactions: HermanTX
the memories that we create with our children, extended family, and friends will last a lifetime, and that sir is priceless! 🥰
Can confirm. We likely had 100 get togethers at the old place. Whether the party was big or small we couldn't have made better memories.

• Love
Reactions: newbie919 and elleb
Update, we are approaching water at the baja shelf! We should have a completely filled pool by sometime tonight! 🥳 Also, I caught a freeloader sunbathing and he skinny dipped earlier this morning. I'm gonna have to charge him for using the facilities ahead of the owners 🤣

View attachment 512337View attachment 512338View attachment 512339View attachment 512340

I skimmed again this afternoon. The stone crew is back and installing 7 umbrella sleeves for us.
View attachment 512341
View attachment 512342

We are going to have some marine grade stainless steel d-ring eye hooks installed to place a safety buie before the deep end for when timid pool goers are visiting.
View attachment 512343

Other than that it's a slow day since we had so much rain to come in in the wee-hours of the morning...
If I were you, I'd source any stainless steel items from other sources than Amazon. The quality is way too dodgy, especially when there's fantastic sources like McMaster-Carr.

If I were you, I'd source any stainless steel items from other sources than Amazon. The quality is way too dodgy, especially when there's fantastic sources like McMaster-Carr.

Oooohhhh thank you!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Look at this thread about storage:
Storage of All Pool Chemicals With littles you cannot be too careful!

Also look into "frog longs" to help your new friends out of the pool.

Invest in good PLASTIC stuff for around the pool. The Dollar Tree has great plates, cups, etc that are purrfect for around the pool.

I have the good plastic stuff. I need an outdoor barcart or something to place it in. I thought about the frog log after I realized he can't get out. I had not thought about storage, thanks for that tip! 💕

And just like that we have a pool! It's still filling to the mouth of the skimmer, but the startup is underway! This NPT Stonescapes Aqua White Mini is gorgeous 🤩😍. We don't have any extras added in. We LOVE IT is a serious understatement!
20230711_094643.jpg20230711_093400.jpg20230711_093158.jpg20230711_093204.jpg

Chemicals they are going in. Calcium is all I saw so far. They are adding chlorine also. They are starting up the equipment right now and running tests.
20230711_093305.jpg

Been a busy morning around here 🥰

Last edited:
Dig Day March 1st or 2nd to pool July 11th not too bad if I do say so myself. The decision to do it took years, the permits took 5 months, and here we are with a bonafide pool in our backyard. 🥹

Pool is filled as of 2:00pm today 😊
Took 2 days, 21 hours and 45 minutes to fill up, so roughly 69 hours.

Spa Fill Meter Start caught it about 20 mins in:
20230708_150403.jpg

Pool Fill Meter Start:
20230708_154057.jpg

Final water meter reading below:
20230711_160319.jpg

Pool pump humming 😊:
20230711_141023.jpg

Pool after first brushing session, and I had my toes and legs in while I worked and it felt good 😂. Since they added chemicals today, I will be testing the water out in a little while.
20230711_141147.jpg
20230711_141204.jpg20230711_141222.jpg
20230711_141157.jpg

Last edited:
Pool is filled as of 2:00pm today 😊
Took 2 days, 21 hours and 45 minutes to fill up, so roughly 69 hours.
Great news!!!! So what is the overall volume based on the water meter readings and how does that compare to the original PB estimate?

I was going to ask you to help me figure it out from the pics posted @HermanTX
Pool is 28,604 gals
Taking the spa reading from the start of pool reading is only 77 gals, so may have to do some math on your spa dimensions to calculate that.
How does this compare to the PB estimate?

Reactions: newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support