From a Basic Lawn to Private Resort - We Have A Pool! Controlling Pollen...

I say stick with what you picked out already. That wonderful tile will throw a lot of blue color at your pool. Are you also going to use it as a marker for the steps and such? It is like a multiple choose quiz, always stick with your first answer!

I say stick with what you picked out already. That wonderful tile will throw a lot of blue color at your pool. Are you also going to use it as a marker for the steps and such? It is like a multiple choose quiz, always stick with your first answer!

Yes we are using it as our trim tile and markers😊. My gut says keep the Aqua White and hope it comes out like in the video 🤷🏾‍♀️

Last edited:
Equipment is being installed this morning. Not sure what else is happening today. I reminded them about doing the heater bypass and the build super reassured me that a bypass with the 3 way diverter is standard for their installs. 20230612_082759.jpg

Reactions: newdude
So equipment install is wrapping up, but they arrived with a fusion soft 2.0 salt cell, and luckily I was here to point out that we're contracted for the aquapure 1400 salt cell. They will be bringing it over in a few days to get it installed. I was telling them that we have time since we're not supposed to add salt for 30 days after start up but they mentioned they usually turn it on at start up unless their start up team waits to do it and doesn't tell them. I'm going by whatever the NPT guide says which I'm reading. Also, they had to change the paver pattern to prevent a ton of waste, my husband won the battle on adding more pavers to the spa side of the build right up to the block wall 🫠. Looks like we'll be wrapping up the build the first or second week of July. I'm still deciding on the interior finish.😖 So spa side will be paved to the wall. Lounge side will be as planned similar planter beds from the attached inspiration photos.
20230612_173530.jpg20230612_173353.jpgScreenshot_20220830-100623_Pinterest.jpgScreenshot_20220829-153044_Pinterest.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
The paver crew came in this morning and worked until 3:30pm. I didn't like how they were laying the pavers yesterday as it wasn't what we asked for and the build super spoke with them to get it corrected. It was running length wise of the pool and I wanted it to run left to right with the house. I don't know how the wires were crossed with that detail, but it's resolved and quickly. It's cool seeing them put it together, it looks like they are playing tetris in real time. The equipment arrived late this afternoon also. I'm checking the delivery slip and items against the contract to make sure we have everything we asked for and I will take pictures of every box and part number. I need to make sure that they set our bypass when they setup the heater and they have our neverlube diverters on setup day next week. My hubby is really hung up on adding more pavers but I'm against spending more money, so hoping he'll see the light. We can do it after they are done and cheaper.

I'm contemplating changing out our interior finish to Aqua Blue. The version of Aqua White Mini that I've seen on video from one their installs is much whiter in color than I was expecting. I go back and forth, hopefully I can pin it down this weekend.

Anyway, here are a few night pics of the pavers and the new direction of the layout. I love the color of the pavers. View attachment 502462View attachment 502463View attachment 502464
Uh oh I see the dreaded four corners coming together on a few of the paver joints (inside joke). They say it shouldn't happen.

• Haha
luckily I was here to point out that we're contracted for the aquapure 1400 salt cell
SO glad you were there and caught it!! How much you want to bet they had a bunch of those sitting around and were hoping to slip it by you................little do they know about the fact you have TFP at your back and have done a LOT of research on what is what!
adding more pavers to the spa side of the build right up to the block wall
I have to say I agree with him. It will look great and cut down on the maintance down the road
still deciding on the interior finish.
What I am going to do with you??? LOL........................any finish you pick will look great and swim wonderfully!

• Haha
Reactions: elleb
Uh oh I see the dreaded four corners coming together on a few of the paver joints (inside joke). They say it shouldn't happen.

Please share what you mean @Wolfepack88. They had to change the pattern again today in order to cut down on waste. I haven't seen anything about four corners coming together on the paver joints. What issues arise when this happens, so that we can be ahead of it now.?Thank you! 😁

Last edited:
My heart says Aqua White @kimkats, I told them to keep it this evening 😂. Oh we paid for the "upgrade" and it was on the delivery slip. I saw it in there Sunday, but I believe that the older guy that was here with the installer this morning took it before he left and replaced it with the fusion soft 2.0. They told me that they customarily use fusion soft on larger pools and use the Aquapure 1400 on smaller pools. I don't want to risk metals getting in this pool, so it's a no for us.

My heart says Aqua White @kimkats, I told them to keep it this evening 😂.
Then Auqa White it is!!! I am putting a "lock" on it!

Resident Evil Lock GIF by Xbox

• Haha
Reactions: elleb and newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Please share what you mean @Wolfepack88. They had to change the pattern again today in order to cut down on waste. I haven't seen anything about four corners coming together on the paver joints. What issues arise when this happens, so that we can be ahead of it now.?Thank you! 😁
Sorry just got back to this. A rule of thumb is when laying pavers one should avoid having 4 seams come together (Think of the 4 corners states (Utah, Arizona, Colorado and New Mexico). So when they lay pavers they should avoid that whenever possible.

screenshot_20230519_194422_gallery-jpg.493650

Reactions: elleb
Sorry just got back to this. A rule of thumb is when laying pavers one should avoid having 4 seams come together (Think of the 4 corners states (Utah, Arizona, Colorado and New Mexico). So when they lay pavers they should avoid that whenever possible.

screenshot_20230519_194422_gallery-jpg.493650

Ok, I get what you're saying. They had to change the pattern 3 times in order to minimize waste and to keep us from forking over more money. I see that they are trying to avoid the 4 corners but have a few here and there. Thank you for sharing this 😊

Happy Friday! We are still moving along, we had some heavy rain and thunderstorms on Wednesday, so not much happened that day, but yesterday and today they are still working on getting the paver deck laid. They had a lot of mud and water to get moved yesterday on the ac/spa side. They laid the crushed rock on that side and have been working on the channel drains around the deck, intricate cuts around the house and pool, and spreading and tamping the sand. We are full steam ahead as the electrical should be done on the 21st. Then they'll get the interior finish scheduled. Here's Thursday and today's progress so far, they are on a lunch break right now:

20230613_204027.jpg20230615_200006.jpg20230615_200038.jpg20230615_200100.jpg20230616_144440.jpg20230616_144510.jpg20230616_144535.jpg20230616_144541.jpg

Last edited:
Sidenote I thought gunite curing phase with mud everywhere was the worst phase. Newsflash, it's not! I despise these blocks and mud and trash and pond water and tadpoles and frogs croaking as nightfall sets in and the equipment in the driveway, and the boxes, and the etcetera, etcetera, etcetera of this phase 🙄. I know they'll clean it up, but good gaw it's making my skin crawl a little. Deep breaths, it'll be over soon.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support