Fresh fill and already have high CC

Jun 16, 2018
FORT CALHOUN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have an above group round 10ft bt 30" deep pool. Filled with well water that is really high in Iron. I added a cup of bleach to begin with, no conditioner yet, and I added Metal Out to it because the water was yellow as a fresh fill. I guess I just need a hand I balancing everything out... Here's my levels
Fc-2
Cc-10
Ph-8.4
Ta-130
Cya-0
I have been running the pump 24/7 and been changing/rinsing out my filter daily to try and get the iron out- and for the most part it's clear with just a tinge of yellow.
Do I slam first thing? Is that what I missed?
Thx!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I can't find if the metal out contains sulfamic acid. It contains phosphonic acid, which is common, but it might also contain sulfamic acid.

The CC number seems unlikely. You really need a good FASDPD test kit.

That kit gives you a Total Chlorine level, not FC and CC. You in all likelihood have just been nuking your water...

You said you ordered a TF-100 last year, where is that kit?

I don't know it it matters, but I have had a solar cover on it since putting in chemicals.

So at this point what is my next step? Besides getti g a better test kit. I can't find my tf100 kit.... ?‍♀️

And I guess this isn't accurate, but I was told(I can remember by who) that when you're testing the chlorine, the immediate results are the fc and if you let it sit 5 min, you will get your CC level.. So that's what I've been going by. I'm still so new at this...

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.