Freeze mode after power outage

MiguelACA

Silver Supporter
May 12, 2020
Houston
If the pump is in freeze mode, then the power goes out, what happens when the power comes back and it's still below freezing temp? Will the pump start back up into freeze mode or will it start up priming then go into freeze mode?

I have a large generator i plan on running if we have another big freeze like we did last time. I'll have to keep an eye on what's running so i don't overload it. The pool is my main concern, just trying to figure out what the pumps are going to do when i give them power with the generator. The pump draws a ton of power at max speed

Miguel,

When the power comes back on it will prime just like it does when it is not in the freeze mode if that is how you have it set up.

I don't know much about the SuperFlo VS, but "assume" you can set the prime speed to whatever you want.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Miguel,

When the power comes back on it will prime just like it does when it is not in the freeze mode if that is how you have it set up.

I don't know much about the SuperFlo VS, but "assume" you can set the prime speed to whatever you want.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Hm, thanks for the reply. I'll have to dig into the manual. I'll update this post if i get any new info, might help someone else out later

Also see discussion on the following thread.

Reactions: MiguelACA
UPDATE:

You can adjust the priming speed or disable the priming all together on the Pentair SuperFlo VS Pump, you can not adjust the priming time.

After a power outage, the pump will kick back on and start priming unless disabled. After that, it will go to its schedule/freeze protection.

So, if I have to run the pump during a power outage where a deep freeze is expected, I can manage the power load and just let the freeze protection go at its low speed.

I found a great site that shows the power consumption of the pump! Super helpful if you need to run a generator and manage loads:

Pentair SuperFlo Bench test 1.5" pipes / 240 Volt

Pentair SuperFlo bench test 1.5" pipes / 120 Volt

Pentair SuperFlo Bench test 2" pipes / 120 Volt

Pentair SuperFlo Bench test 2" pipes / 240 Volt

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.