Freeform in MA

This is how long it takes to get a shotcrete pool built...
from spring thaw to autumn frost... justsayin’[emoji6]

That's what we had in mind when we signed our contract, even saying, "We don't expect to swim this year. We are in no rush." We were then told, "Oh no.. you'll be swimming by the 4th of july!!" Not while we were kicking tires, while we were inking the contract. We were all in and letting them off the hook for any schedule. They insisted it would be fast started soon, etc. So again, not the timeline, the lies are the issue.

Once the gunite is in, it really feels like a pool is happening, congrats!

It’s too bad any excitement has been dampened with what has happened with your PB’s promises. There is a local pool company with good review that promises a pool in 45 days, that was tempting. We decided to go with our PB instead, who told us 12 weeks. The have found promising a twelve week timeline and usually finishing earlier keeps their customers happy.

We have been keeping our eye on other pool projects in the area. One is with the 45 day company and they have had a stop work order posted for over a month because of a missing permit. Even a company with good reviews can hit bumps.

Hi,
I'm in Concord -- have had my pool up and running for 2-years now. We seriously considered Andrews -- glad we didn't go with them considering your timeline. We went with Stone Edge and once they started, things went like clockwork in terms of the schedule.

You're going to love having your pool -- and you'll find your swim season is longer than expected. We open in early May and we swim until early October. We have a heat pump -- which turned out to be a good decision in terms of cost and efficiency.

If you have any questions regarding owning a pool in our particular neck of the northeast, give a shout. Couldn't be happier with our pool. Once yours is finally finished, I'm sure you'll be really happy too.

Bonnie

We just got about 1 in of rain in the last hour.. not exact a light mist haha

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The forms are just there mostly to shoot against. The whole pool side is unsupported from the moment it is shot.

The divots might be from where they had boards in place to stand on for scaffolding. They will be filled with plaster.

Thanks, I googled and found some concrete form standards that said under 30in is 12 hours+ so yea all set for sure.

To be honest this huge transformation is going to really hit the gas next week when around 1000 yds of fill is spread to create a larger yard. We're excited to see that!!!

I've been looking into ways to hide my pool equipment as it will be right at the entrance of our yard and bottom of our deck stairs. This was more for aesthetic purposes than anything else; however, the other day at my parent's they mentioned their pool equipment "shut off" due to the high temps we had. Not sure exactly what they meant, maybe the pump? Either way, had me thinking that this may be worth doing for more than just looks.

New England, high humidity and temps up to mid 90s in the summer with a few days every few years in the 100 range. Winters get down to teens, single digits every now and then, with snow in our area up to multiple feet (2 feet is not uncommon). Keeping this all contained in my thread, but may start up another if I get low responses. Does it make sense to build something like:

f2b9a9028ee35013c9bada788535025b.jpg

LOVE the pic..........Hey there is water in the pool! Now hand the hose to the kid and let him have fun with it!!!

Shed......what is that one made of? It looks so neat! Lots of air vents. Is the top solid? The slope should be purrfect for snow load sliding off. IF needed in the heat you could put in some small fans to exhaust it even more. If you want more eyes on this you could post in the "equipment area" make sure to title it so catch the right eyes.

Kim:kim:

That was just a picture for reference, but it looks aluminum. Unless I could find one perfectly sized pre-fabbed, I'd probably make mine out of weather resistant wood.

Also, posted this elsewhere, but here is equipment pad location, freshly prepped today:

qAtYacd.jpg

I believe the PB is planning on using plastic pad(s), but I have all this on my property, think I should lay it down instead?

zBaBdCE.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.