Jul 14, 2021
Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all!

I am new to the forums here and am looking to take control of my pool testing. I purchased the K2006 and I’m going though and testing all the chemicals. I have an inground pool with a gem finish that 13,265 gallons. My free chlorine reading was 6.6. The combined chlorine was between .3 and .4ppm. The CYA level is 40.

Should I act on the combined chlorine reading? Is it safe for the kids to swim at that reading? Thank you all

CC below 0.5ppm usually is not a problem.
As long as your water is clear enough to see the bottom, your pH is in the 7s and your FC is below SLAM level for your CYA (FC/CYA Levels) it is safe to swim.

If for no reason your CC gets above 0.5ppm than it is likely that you have a problem to address. CC is a byproduct of chlorine doing its job, it is responsible for the “pool smell” and can be a little hash on eyes, but not hazardous.

about the only thing I would recommend for testing would be to use the 10ml instead of the 25ml level.. it uses less reagents and they will last longer.. :)

Reactions: proavia
With the Taylor K2006 kit, I used the drops which turned the water from pink to clear on the CC test. I know one drop (using the 25 ml test) represent .2PPM. One drop turned my water clear from pink immediately. However a few minutes later it turned pink again so I applied a second drop and the water in the vial turned clear again. A few minutes later the water started to turn pink. Am I to keep adding drops until it stays clear indefinitely or just until the water immediately turns clear? Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.