Found a really cheap way to add Salt: 50lb Salt Block from Tractor Supply for $4.49

Oct 28, 2014
Tulsa OK
95-99% pure NaCI

Champions Choice White Salt Block, 50 lb. at Tractor Supply Co.
69585866608457053696.jpg

Works out to $0.0898 a lb which is cheaper than the 60lb bags of Solar Salt I was picking up at HomeDepot for $7.70 ($0.1283 a lb).

I needed some weight for my lawn aerator, as well as some salt for my pool, two birds with one stone! Tractor Supply was more convenient than trucking over to Home Depot as well.

I'll simply dilute some chips off the block in a 5 gallon bucket when it comes time to open my pool here in the spring.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You get 3 free custom jokes when you buy a toilet from the toilet store. The jokes are guaranteed. I will file a warranty claim for a new joke since this one was defective.

Update - I filed a warranty claim for the joke and received this reply.

Dear complainer, we have received your claim. Rest assured that we care about whatever you're whining about. We will organize a top notch, blue ribbon committee to investigate and fully resolve your issue.

Please don't hesitate to contact us again if there's anything else you want to cry about.

Sincerely, autoresponder unit #247

You get 3 free custom jokes when you buy a toilet from the toilet store. The jokes are guaranteed. I will file a warranty claim for a new joke since this one was defective.

Update - I filed a warranty claim for the joke and received this reply.

Oh, how I wish I could use the "response" from your warranty claim at work everyday!! [emoji23] [emoji23]

It has good purity, see here - http://www.gosalt.com/tech/WhiteSaltBlocks_T.pdf

Other than the hassle of breaking it up to add it to your pool, it should work just fine....assuming you can get it away from the cow and deer that will be looking to lick it

The pro of the salt block is that it lists its components ;) Up to 2 ppm free iron, but at least no Yellow of Prussia ;)

I wonder how that compares to pool salt where they don't have to list the iron?

Eg. 50 lbs of Pool salt that is 99.5% pure can still have 4 ounces of "other stuff"...IME, the other stuff usually includes enough iron to bump up my FE reading when I add a bag.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.