Found a new way to add CYA

RobbieH

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 30, 2010
Dallas, TX
So I was about to add CYA to my pool last week. I'm sitting there thinking "I don't really want to put this sock in my skimmer, but I'm too lazy to string it up in front of my return. Then it hit me. Drop the sock in my PoolSkim! It worked perfectly. So if you have a PoolSkim, think about it if you are adding CYA!

For clarification, it stayed in the white cylinder and never got blown into the net part of the PoolSkim.

RobbieH,
I stumbled upon a great sock method. At Walmart, I found the cheap panty hose, the kind that come in a small eggshell, for like .50cents--of course it had two legs. The panty hose worked 10x better than my old sock did....and was so much faster.

RobbieH,
I stumbled upon a great sock method. At Walmart, I found the cheap panty hose, the kind that come in a small eggshell, for like .50cents--of course it had two legs. The panty hose worked 10x better than my old sock did....and was so much faster.

I was going to do that too, but the wife said "here use this sock". I tossed it in, went back in a couple of hours and it was all gone. I put 4 lbs in that day, in 2 lb batches. It was quick and easy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.