Found a new way to add CYA

RobbieH

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Expert
Aug 30, 2010
Dallas, TX
So I was about to add CYA to my pool last week. I'm sitting there thinking "I don't really want to put this sock in my skimmer, but I'm too lazy to string it up in front of my return. Then it hit me. Drop the sock in my PoolSkim! It worked perfectly. So if you have a PoolSkim, think about it if you are adding CYA!

For clarification, it stayed in the white cylinder and never got blown into the net part of the PoolSkim.

jeremysm1

Bronze Supporter
Nov 12, 2015
Scottsdale/AZ
RobbieH,
I stumbled upon a great sock method. At Walmart, I found the cheap panty hose, the kind that come in a small eggshell, for like .50cents--of course it had two legs. The panty hose worked 10x better than my old sock did....and was so much faster.

RobbieH

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Expert
Aug 30, 2010
Dallas, TX
RobbieH,
I stumbled upon a great sock method. At Walmart, I found the cheap panty hose, the kind that come in a small eggshell, for like .50cents--of course it had two legs. The panty hose worked 10x better than my old sock did....and was so much faster.
I was going to do that too, but the wife said "here use this sock". I tossed it in, went back in a couple of hours and it was all gone. I put 4 lbs in that day, in 2 lb batches. It was quick and easy.

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
I like to hang the sock of cya from a small section of pool noodle, sometimes an "x" of pool noodles rubber banded together. It can float around and stays off the side of the pool.

Propbndr

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
Charles City, Va
I used 2 skimmer socks with about 2.5 lbs in each, each tied in front of a return jet. The jet created a dense cloud of powder like particles. Both socks were empty in about 3 hours.