Forum search is either not working or I don't know how to use it.

MUPPPP

Gold Supporter
Feb 7, 2019
Missouri
I'm building a pool right now and was trying to search for threads regarding my new Pentair IntellipH. I type in IntellipH in and get no results. But if I type it in google, some threads from this site show up in the google search. This has happened with multiple different search queries for me.

The forum has a Google search option. After you search on Intelliph you press Google Search. You should get this ...

Interesting, I don't have that option. (Using Google Chrome). Now I see where I can go to "advanced search" to find the google search button, but either way, why wouldn't the forum search button work for such a simple query?

Gotta ask @Leebo about the differences between platforms. My post was from an iPad.

Forum search is what came with the software and is not great. Which is why @Leebo added the Google Search option.

As stated the default search left a TON to be desired.......and I can’t stress the word TON enough. We’ve got a handful of changes in the works but want to wait to get out of the summer as each of the require totally altering the forums software. There’s enough hiccups as is after the migration, I don’t wanna introduce more just yet.

But I will shortly :laughblue:

You can also use google search by entering your search words and then adding site:troublefreepool.com to narrow the search to just this site. I do it this way frequently.

Put me on the list of confused users too. When I use the google button I do get a few results, but they’re from many years ago (2008/2009). Using the arrow to see addl results doesnt help - only shows a couple years worth from the beginning of time.

Using google search from Safari with troublefreepools.com in it usually only produces the generic home page, minus this once when a second option showed and it brought me here.

You have to put

site:troublefreepool.com

in the Google search box followed by the search term. If you want to make sure that a specific word or phrase is included, put the word or phrase in quotes.

I’ve started breaking the search even more than it was before in hopes to salvage something for the remainder of the Summer. There is some work going on as I type this that’s aimed at improving the default search. ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I’ve started breaking the search even more than it was before in hopes to salvage something for the remainder of the Summer. There is some work going on as I type this that’s aimed at improving the default search. ?

Appreciate what you’ve done for the site Leebo, no intended criticism from me. Just wanted to share my experience so when it can be corrected there is feedback.

No worries, trust me when I say currently the search stinks even more than it did yesterday....and that was rather bad!

Until everything gets kick started, enjoy a photo.

I’d like to bounce this up again as over the last few days we’ve setup a slightly different search as we continue to look into making large steps to improve the search. We’ve reindexed our website as well as did a few behind the scenes updates to hopefully provide an improved search. One of the largest updates is there’s no longer a minimum word length.

Give it a try as we continue to work to improve things more. It’s still not at all where we wanna be, but hopefully it’s a small improvement.
Lee

• Love
Reactions: gws1968
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.