Lateralus

Jul 24, 2019
Dallas, TX
Been in and around pools my entire life, just got a new home and looking to install a new concrete pool for the family! About to begin wading into the tumultuous waters of PB bidding! (woot!)

All of my past experience has been with traditionally chlorinated water, and cartridge filter systems. Initially, the wife and I are looking to get raised/attached spa, with tanning pad, feeding into the rest of the pool. She also fancies a beach/zero entry v. descending stair for the sake of the kiddos and our dogs. Our lot shape (suburbs) is a long slender one. I am assuming we will be at 15' x 40' max., city codes pending. Looking to keep it modest, 15'x25'-ish, max depth of 7 to 6.5, min depth of 3.5 (excluding the tanning pad if we opt for it). We are looking to keep it around $50 K, but who knows where it will end up if we run away with features, etc.

Open to insights and suggestions on designs, spa, tanning pad, beach entry, etc.

Any one know of North Texas / NE Texas builders they would recommend?!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Welcome, they just broke ground on ours today. Every pool is different, but be prepared for some sticker shock on the prices in DFW. Several of us in the DFW suburbs are getting underway, with various threads in the under construction section.

North Texas/NE Texas is a very large area...might be a little more specific on your geography for better pool builder suggestions. I doubt the builder we used would go out to 'NE Texas'. Are you actually in 'Dallas' or a surrounding city? Even just North Dallas helps!