Forum changes

Got to agree with Texas Splash. I really miss that feature. Now when I return, and that’s usually daily, I don’t know where the heck I’m at or been.
I’m still peaking at this, but I kinda think it’s days maybe limited. We’re using a slightly different way of sending content now and I’m wondering if this handy feature may end up being a thing of the past. I’m still discussing some ideas, but there’s not a ton of good news just yet.

• Angry
Reactions: proavia
My only concern about the Profile strategy is that it could lead to political, religious, etc. posts. Look at LinkedIn - while it is a great professional social media forum, political posts do creep in. I have yet to see anyone comment in TFP regarding politics. Which is great. Maybe you are removing those if they do exist.
Political talk does tend to get removed from the site rather quickly and I foresee that trend continuing in the future. While political discussions would likely boost post counts, it’ll do so at a high cost to the “health” of the website. I don’t see any reason why politics shouldn’t stay where they belong……Facebook.

May I ask why? Was the content just not interesting or was it just a different form than you’re used to?
Until HB gets back, I’ll answer for the rest of us regulars. Again, I think it’s awesome for casual / new surfers. But for any of us regulars, well, been there done that by the time it’s hot.

FF37501A-C2B6-4E26-BD79-6F9793B5230B.png

Reactions: Mdragger88
I don’t see any reason why politics shouldn’t stay where they belong……Facebook
This is my absolute FAV part of the community. Not just the lack of politics, but the total lack of any material that will divide folks.

The unintended consequence is that folks realize they have so much in common *before* they realize that they have differences. At that point it no longer matters and they continue to get along as friends. We CAN all have different views on many subjects and it’s OK. It’s irrelevant and ZERO reason why we can’t just get along anyway. And we all do. Everyday.

May I ask why? Was the content just not interesting or was it just a different form than you’re used to?

I like to control my own experience. I prefer to browse the newer posts and threads for what interests me. Hot posts are showing me what interests other people which may not share my interests. Even if I viewed the Hot posts, I would end up just seeing them again when I view new posts. For an analogy, consider visiting Home Depot. They have the hot, in-season stuff up by the entrance and along the main front and back row to attract the shopper entering the store. I'm more of a browser where I can sometimes spend hours there going up and down each row thinking of new projects to start and what new tools I need to do them.

• Love
Reactions: Leebo
Unless we start talking about phosphates
Ok ya got me. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Throw in solar covers, polyquat, IFCS and built in spas too.

But we can agree to disagree on all the above like gentlemen and gentiladies.

Thank goodness none of Y’all’s are flat earthers. At least we can all agree that we aren’t flying through space on a frisbee. Plus, they proved that if that actually was the case, cats would have knocked everything of the edge by now. Punks.

Reactions: Turbo1Ton
Re: the media files.... I'm disappointed in them because filing away *every single picture* (along with repeats) make the good pics diluted and show no explanation as to what is being shown. The pics might be misleading to viewers.

Reactions: Leebo
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.