Fort Worth, TX New Pool Build (North Texas)

So we've had our Tile/coping delivered for the past 2 weeks now and hopefully look to get some movement started on this, this week! Fingers crossed! We've been at what seems like a standstill since the beginning of April.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If anybody is curious we went with the opposite way of for the rolled edge spa, “vertical pattern” if you will. View attachment 338882on the roll

This is a great idea. I hadn’t seen that before and now wish we had gone that direction with our build. We have a freeform spa and our tilers were not the most meticulous but it is more difficult with a freeform shape. When the water is still, you can see the tile lines are level all the way across. I didn’t have them redo it as it was pretty close and would maybe even turn out worse.

On second thought, I’m not sure this would be an option with a freeform spa unless you did each tile individually and had both the vertical and horizontal offset.

Last edited:
This looks so great!! So the 6 weeks of rain didn’t affect your deck form? That’s our next step & I’m worried it will be too muddy or something & be a bigger delay.

This looks so great!! So the 6 weeks of rain didn’t affect your deck form? That’s our next step & I’m worried it will be too muddy or something & be a bigger delay.
My deck forms went in last week as well. They also raised the soil level with base and put in deck drainage, etc. Some changes have to be made. Right now it’s mostly under my new roof/arbor. Soon as the arbor/roof is done the can do the decking.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.