Followup to Hosting Our First Pool Party

Gadragonfly

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 16, 2017
Fairburn, Georgia
The pool party was a huge success. We all had so much fun playing in the pool. I tried to get a picture when everyone was in the pool but my camera battery was dead :(. I have a waterproof camera and the kids had a blast trying to get selfies under water but I have some really great shots of everyone in the water. Unfortunately the kids took pictures until those batteries died so I'm waiting until tomorrow to download those pictures. We took the FC up to 17 (shock level is 20 with my CYA) last night after dark. Then today at 11 a.m., just before everyone arrived, we added another gallon of chlorine. We took the advice given here and my husband added another gallon when everyone got out to eat - about 3 hours after a heavy swimmer load - about 30 people at once. I checked the levels after everyone left and FC was 7.0 and CC was 0. We decided to add another gallon of chlorine tonight and we're running the pump all night just for preventative measures. The water stayed pretty clear most of the day but not our usual TFP sparkilicious. Here are just two of the pictures I took once the battery on my big camera had charged. This is what it is all about...

Attachments

• Pool party1.jpg
    Pool party1.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 140
  • Pool party2.jpg
    Pool party2.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 140
Here are a few fun pictures from the pool party. It is a good thing our water is balanced considering people tended to have their mouths open a lot under water.

Attachments

• P7200015.jpg
    P7200015.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 88
  • P7200131.jpg
    P7200131.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 88
  • P7200077.jpg
    P7200077.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 88
  • P7200021.jpg
    P7200021.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.