Foamy Inground Vinyl Pool

Baking soda is less than $1 a pound at my local grocery store, no need to go to the pool $tore for it! It is literally the same thing as the orange boxed stuff, calcium bicarbonate.

baking soda is SODIUM Bicarbonate
Sodium bicarbonate commonly known as baking soda, is a chemical compound with the formula NaHCO3.
It wont add calcium....

My Hot tub was foaming and I posted here. My CH was also under 100 and I was told to add CH. I didn't believe it but I did it anyway ....
It worked ... I shouldnt be surprised

Last edited:
I finally took a new sample and tested today. BTW, being honest with how things were the past few days, I have not put any chlorine in over 3 days. The pool is clearer now where I can see the floor of the shallow side but still cant see the floor on the deep end. Water is nice and blue. All foam, etc gone from the surface. Water level dropped a little so I plan to fill back up with water and add chlorine but looking for suggestions on what else.

Chlorine - .5 - 1 ppm
PH - 7.2 - 7.5 ppm
Free chlorine - .5 ppm
Combined Chlorine - 1 - 1.5 ppm
Calcium Hardness - 0? Turns light purple after 3 drops of R-0011L. Does not turn red. I tried to add the next drops and never changed.
Alkalinity - 200-220 ppm (I thought something was wrong after no change with 15 drops. Kept going and lost a little count but I'm sure it was between 20-22 drops.
CYA - less than 20

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.