Foam? Sand? Gorilla Pad? What do I need to put under my pool and what is optional?

What thickness foam board did you use, and why didn’t you like it?

I leveled the dirt as much as humanly possible, put the pavers in making sure they were all level to eachother using a 6 foot level as well as a water level then put 1" XPS foam down. I triple taped the seems (one down the middle using extra wide gorilla tape and then one strip on each side).

So far so good I would say I am about 1/2" off level based on where the water sits which isn't bad!

Reactions: Transy416
i did not put any sand under my mats. my dirt was not perfectly level but you could never tell with the mats. now, my pavers were perfectly level. once the pool was up, i went around and trimmed the mats so they would not stick out from the pool. then i put the gorilla pad on top of the mats. this pic was from last year. i had the foam boards the first year, i really did not like them. i really like the softness of the mats.

View attachment 96034
Would you mind sharing where you got these pads/what brand they are?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.