Foam in Spa

Kit

Bronze Supporter
Mar 10, 2016
Medford, Oregon
Today I added some liquid bleach & muriatic acid to my 2500-gallon inground spa with the pump running at about 3,200 rpms. Nothing unusual. However, for the first time, I noticed that there was a layer of foam bubbles on the surface of the water as the jets were running. When the jets were turned off, the bubbles disappeared. In the 5 years that I have had the spa, this was the first time this has occurred. I might add that the rest of the chemistry was spot on.

Could someone kindly give me an explanation? Thank you so much.

What brand liquid chlorine did you use?

Was it pure liquid chlorine with no additives? Additives such as fragrances, thickeners (splashless), or surfactants (outdoor bleach) may cause foaming. Bleach with fabric protectors (chloromax technology) may also cause foaming.

Uh oh - it’s probably the Cloromax 😩
FACCBC60-D93D-4709-8C09-D8E39A39E63D.jpeg
hopefully it will dissipate- just don’t use anymore & get u some cheap unadulterated bleach or some liquid chlorine specifically for pools -

Reactions: markayash
U have to be careful now when buying bleach- as even some store brands have “fabric conditioners” etc. I have had no luck during covid finding any that didn’t have “something” in it. Been sticking w/ Walmart/lowes pool essentials 10% or 12.5% from the ps

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.