Chicago, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
For those who have the SR SMITH Flyte Deck II Dive Stand, can you please tell me does it have any movement to it or is the board completely rigid? Thank you!

That's the one I have as well and the base is completely solid. The board is also solid with no movement but it has spring.

If the base is moving in any way, you should remove the board and check the hardware that secures the base to the deck.

The nuts and bolts can rust enough to make the dive unsafe.

I have that stand as well. It is rigid. The only flex should come from the board, and S.R. Smith's compatible boards have little bounce apparently by design. My board, which I'm in the process of replacing, is 8 feet.

I just managed to get the board off, and discovered the fiberglass stand was filled with water, algae, gunk and the hard rubber strip that should have stayed attached between the front end of the stand and the board. The hardware attaching the stand to the cement deck is very corroded so I'll opt to keep the stand for now. For reference, the pool was built in 1982, I purchased in 2017, and I don't know when the board and stand were installed. I mention that the stand was filled with water because in the course of researching replacement options I saw one owner stating he put the electrical junction for his pool light inside the stand, obviously a dangerous idea given what I discovered.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.