Mansfield, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-25
I am looking into installing a SWCG and ran across the FlowVis for monitoring flow, and it looks like several members here suggest them. I’m not sure if I have a Jandy check valve, it was replaced a couple years ago.

Also I have a leak in the check valve for the waterfall and I was going to replace it at the same time I install the SWCG. Doesn’t seem worth it to have a FlowVis there also, but willing to accept advice!

Attachments

• D1895600-8E28-4E45-B70A-56B2F67F9DDF.jpeg
    D1895600-8E28-4E45-B70A-56B2F67F9DDF.jpeg
    421.9 KB · Views: 3
  • E6D6C864-0586-431A-AE4F-94998FC0FC50.jpeg
    E6D6C864-0586-431A-AE4F-94998FC0FC50.jpeg
    564.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 2C630C21-B0F5-4F25-B61A-409CF434B929.jpeg
    2C630C21-B0F5-4F25-B61A-409CF434B929.jpeg
    251.8 KB · Views: 3
Hey Rodex !!! Are you particularly a gadget-y person ? Most folks have no need for a flo-vis. You have 2 choices for SWG flow. Enough and not enough. The rest of the details are irrelevant. You find the lowest RPM that activates the flow switch and raise said RPM by 100 to accommodate slight flow restrictions as the filter gets dirty. BOOM. Done.

Now, if you want it just because you want it........Its a great device.😁

Hey Rodex !!! Are you particularly a gadget-y person ? Most folks have no need for a flo-vis. You have 2 choices for SWG flow. Enough and not enough. The rest of the details are irrelevant. You find the lowest RPM that activates the flow switch and raise said RPM by 100 to accommodate slight flow restrictions as the filter gets dirty. BOOM. Done.

Now, if you want it just because you want it........Its a great device.😁
Yes on the gadgety, but also I wouldn’t waste the money/time unless the function was necessary in this particular case. No need to overcomplicate from my perspective, I’ve got enough going on! 😂

I have a single speed pump and a suspicion that my flow rate is not great - I’m sure it depends on the SWCG model but it sounds like if there is a flow switch then I should verify I’m getting above that before I install a SWCG.

As for the waterfall I would probably just stick with a regular check valve as well.

Rod,

I agree with the Newdude...

With a single speed pump you will have at least 5 x the amount of flow needed to turn on a SWCG..

Feel free to waste your money if you wish, but you do not need a FlowVis..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Rodex
Rod,

I agree with the Newdude...

With a single speed pump you will have at least 5 x the amount of flow needed to turn on a SWCG..

Feel free to waste your money if you wish, but you do not need a FlowVis..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Perfect, that’s what I like to hear!

With that much headroom, is it safe to assume even with a deficiency in flow rate, it should be plenty of flow for the SWCG?

is it safe to assume even with a deficiency in flow rate, it should be plenty of flow for the SWCG?
Yes. Easy peasy, all day long. You will not ever lose enough flow to shut off the SWG without something massively wrong. Your next purchase will be a VS pump, so you can draw 120W and not 1500W+, but one thing at a time. 😁

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.