Flow Reduction Adapter Causing Air In Filter Hose

ehapp1105

Jun 2, 2020
Chicago
We just set up our Intex 15’x48” Prism Frame Pool. We upgraded to an Intex 2500GPH cartridge filter. We are also using google an Intex Skimmer. Because of the double intake on this pool the skimmer was not suctioning. Most of the water seemed to be going through the other intake so I put the reducer on the intake without the skimmer. Since then the skimmer is working great but we’re getting air in the hose from the intake with the reducer. The hoses from both intakes meet at a t-joint before heading to the filter. When I turn the filter on, it works ok at first but after some time the air bubble in the hose begins to increase. The air bubble starts at the top (close to the connection to the pool) and slowly grows larger moving toward the t-joint. The only solution I have found so far is to turn off the filter, let the hose fill back up and continue on. Wondering if the hole in the reducer is too small? If I have a leak in the hose connection somewhere? Could I possibly plug the one intake, do away with the t-joint and just run with one intake?

I'd plug the second intake and use one hose to the pump. Intex added the 2nd intake to reduce suction to prevent entrapment, but since you have the skimmer that wouldn't be a concern. I upgraded to the larger sand filter/pump/swg and I plugged one of mine. I've not had any issues in 3 years. Good luck!

I'd plug the second intake and use one hose to the pump. Intex added the 2nd intake to reduce suction to prevent entrapment, but since you have the skimmer that wouldn't be a concern. I upgraded to the larger sand filter/pump/swg and I plugged one of mine. I've not had any issues in 3 years. Good luck!
Thanks for the advice! This is our first pool. What did you plug the intake with? Do you then do away with t-joint assembly and just run one hose straight from the skimmer intake?

The little black rubber cap things will close it off. You unscrew the strainer cover and push the black cap on the hole and then screw the strainer cover back on. I actually upgraded to the larger pump/filter/swg combo and the hoses were 1.5", so I ended up cutting a larger intake hole in my pool (I cut out around one of the existing intakes), so yes, I have one hose going from the over the wall skimmer to the pump.

The little black rubber cap things will close it off. You unscrew the strainer cover and push the black cap on the hole and then screw the strainer cover back on. I actually upgraded to the larger pump/filter/swg combo and the hoses were 1.5", so I ended up cutting a larger intake hole in my pool (I cut out around one of the existing intakes), so yes, I have one hose going from the over the wall skimmer to the pump.
I actually just cut my pool last night and replaced the outtake with the directional jet that came with the filter. It was nerve racking, but I did it. The filter came with an inlet nozzle but not an outlet which is strange. I guess I’ll have to order a new outlet with the same size fitting if I want to change it out. Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.