Florida Pool Rookie

Hey All - Figured I’d post an intro thread.
I finally after 3 years decided to take more responsibility over my pool maintenance.

Had a pool service for about a year but got tired of paying $100 / mo to watch the guy spend 10 min running a brush around my the pool while talking on his phone.

For the next couple years I just ran a Dolphin robot and took a water sample to the pool store every couple weeks and dropped in whatever they told me to add.

Now I’m doing the testing myself and using TFP as my chemical guide. Pool has never looked better. No without some initial pain though. Finally got around to getting rid of my metal stains with an AA treatment and in the process of removing metals and phosphates out of the pool.

Still have some more work to do to get the water perfect but it looks and feels great. There is good and there is good enough. I’m good enough and my wife has banned me from doing any more chemistry on the pool until summer is over. She loves the results and where the pool is and looks at the moment but being the perfectionist I am I’ll be diving back into getting the last of the stains, metal and phosphates out of the water.

Happy to be part of the community and look forward to learning more.

I’ll fill out my signature soon with all the pertinent pool stats...