Florida New Build - Pool, Spa, Fireplace

Sounds like a good problem to me.
Never complain about someone doing his job the right way. Most guys are in a such a rush that they screw things up until you just give up and accept shoddy work. Once you have water you will be mighty thankful for the amazing work when you see it every time you look at it for the next however many years.
Grab a beer and relax.

No question that the work is very good and we are very proud of it. The gentleman finished the coping today, getting the last six pieces installed in a shade under nine hours. Overall, we ended up with an 18% overage in coping linear feet.

What's the old saying? "Good, fast and cheap. Pick two."

All in all, we ended with just one - good - but I guess that's the best one of the three! :cool:

Stonework is finished and looks really good. Next step is to seal all the stone and install the screen enclosure.

GQdAiEf.jpg

DUFxz18.jpg

o6Jnu4d.jpg

rOWs2SA.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Electricians are finished, pending the delivery of the custom fireplace insert. Landscaping team was here today to run new irrigation. (That's two Sundays in a row with crews working. I'm blessed with great subs!) I got in on the act this weekend as well with new perimeter landscaping and privacy plants.

The screen enclosure team starts tomorrow at 7a. I really can't wait to get the enclosure up. Once they finish, we move to pebble install!

Well the screen team didn't make it out until afternoon, so they only got the super gutter and roofline framing finished. I'm told they will be finished tomorrow, though. Limestone sealant, granite spillover, and weep fill are tomorrow also. Sounds like an ideal day to play hookey and watch the show, but no such luck! :(

Safety inspection is Thursday morning (if everyone finishes on time tomorrow) and then we're moving straight to pebble!! With a little luck, we'll have water on Friday!! :splash:

For the "been there, done that" crowd, how long does it take to fill 14,000 or so gallons from a water hose? :confused:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.