Florida folks - what's your daily chlorine loss these days?

poolnoobgrandma

Gold Supporter
Sep 15, 2018
Seminole, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I'm just getting everything going after a SLAM (first one ever, blaming the holidays). I added CYA yesterday, will do a full test in a bit. I need to get my SWG going again, and need some initial target numbers for percentage and run time. I'm targeting CYA of 70. I'm going to let the FC drift down to 10-11, then thinking about trying to add 2 ppm per day. I'm in west central Florida.
Especially if you have an SWCG, I'd love to hear how you're setting your FC.

Screenshot_20240108-075240~2.png

Last edited:
I'm going to let the FC drift down to 10-11
In the 20s (SWG slam) it burns off considerably faster so its not a good guide for regular loss, but when it gets back to 10 it will be much closer to the loss you can expect now. Let it continue for a day past 10 and that'll be your daily loss target for now.

In the 20s (SWG slam) it burns off considerably faster so its not a good guide for regular loss, but when it gets back to 10 it will be much closer to the loss you can expect now. Let it continue for a day past 10 and that'll be your daily loss target for now.
I wasn't doing an SWG slam. My CYA had dropped to 30 🙄, so SLAM was 12. It'll drift down to 10 pretty fast! Guess it's time to put on my fuzzy crocs and go get a sample.

Reactions: Newdude
I’m betting you’ll land around 1ppm /day or maybe a scootch less since you have the cage & have now added cya.
Btw* Time to test your cya & log it 😊(bring the sample inside so it warms up or put it in your pocket before performing the test)
You’ll be playing the adjustment game for a bit- much easier than the jug lugging game though!

Reactions: Newdude
I’m betting you’ll land around 1ppm /day or maybe a scootch less since you have the cage & have now added cya.
Btw* Time to test your cya & log it 😊(bring the sample inside so it warms up or put it in your pocket before performing the test)
You’ll be playing the adjustment game for a bit- much easier than the jug lugging game though!
Everything except pH tested. I tested the pH, too, but don't trust it.
I'm going to keep the SWG off until I'm near 10. I'll retest pH then, too.

Screenshot_20240108-093028.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.