Flexible pvc diameter

If the impeller is damaged in any way it should be replaced. They're not expensive. Getting the right one can be tricky, so compare it to the old one before you install it.
What concerns me is the cracked fitting. PVC doesn't crack by itself, something cracked it. If it wasn't freeze damage, we need to identify the cause or it will just happen again with the new fittings. As I recall it was pretty close to a pipe support attached to the frame. This could be an issue if the frame has shifted or the pump supports have sagged. I would loosen or remove that support so the flex can compensate for any further shifting and check the pump supports.

What I think contributed to it was when the dealer sent the tech out to replace this pump a couple years ago, he only installed the outer two lag screws. There were no screws in the two back side slots, its pretty difficult to get at on the back side of the motor so I think he just gave up on those two. I discovered this when I first took it apart last fall.

That's pretty common. I doubt that it played much part, but I guess it's possible. I meant the wood it's bolted to sagging or shifting. Also fairly common on older spas, or with shaft seal leaks, or that have settled or shifted.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.