Flex or gorilla tape for patching Intex

Has anyone used that flex tape or gorilla tape to patch holes in an Intex AGP? Usually I use a patch kit with the sheet of patch and tube of that glue, but wondering if the tape is any good.
I would imagine flex tape would work great, especially if you can do it dry. that stuff is kind of hard to deal with and I'm not sure how you would manage under water. I will leave a comment for anybody trying to patch small holes in an old intex - the vinyl gets kind of hard and patches have trouble sticking, but they will work if you keep trying.

Reactions: rj2222
I used a couple of round patches of white flex tape on a rock hole in the bottom of mine a couple weeks ago, still holding with lots of intex cleaner time running over it. I peeled the backing off above the surface and just "dived" and stuck it to the bottom. first one smaller and the second larger one over the top of it, mashed it down good then stood on it and used my heel when I couldn't hold my breath any longer.

Reactions: rj2222
The flex tape didn’t ever work for me. Patch kit did the job. Never had the opportunity to try gorilla tape for anything yet- all of the other gorilla products i have used worked well though.

The flex tape didn’t ever work for me. Patch kit did the job. Never had the opportunity to try gorilla tape for anything yet- all of the other gorilla products i have used worked well though.
I am pretty sure I tried it once before and it didn't work but this time it did. one thing for sure - that flex tape can get some age on it and it doesn't work as good. needs a use by date like food, I think. :smile:

Reactions: Mdragger88
I am pretty sure I tried it once before and it didn't work but this time it did. one thing for sure - that flex tape can get some age on it and it doesn't work as good. needs a use by date like food, I think. :smile:
I have tried multiple flex seal products & haven’t been real impressed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.