Arizona
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
This is my first winter with an IntelliChlor installed. It's been a bit chilly this week in the Phoenix area, so I have found that my COLD WATER light has been illuminating the last few days.
I can't remember the last time I actually used liquid chlorine to dose my pool (since my old Zodiac chlorinator did not have a cold water shutoff feature).
I will use pool math for my dosing requirements if I do in fact have to add liquid chlorine to my pool, but what type/brand is recommended based on effectiveness/cost etc?

Thanks in advance for the recommendations!
r.

Well, let me throw out another Hasa 12.5% chlorine user. My local mom & pop pool store charges approximately $5.00 including tax per gallon. The local Home Depot does sell HDX 10% chlorine for approximately $8.00 for a 2 pack.

I manually dose pool chemicals so it adds up during the summer but now that it is much colder, I use about 16 oz of 12.5% every 3rd day.

Since you're in Chandler..... A&M Corsons is the local Hasa dealer - NE corner McQueen & Warner, Gilbert - or - NE corner Alma School & Elliot, Chandler

Thanks very much folks. Excellent advice and I will be sure to use this info in order to manually dose chlorine when the pool temp takes a dip in the winter. I think I have seen some info here in the past about using regular store bought "clorox", purex" and similar products. Are there some downsides to using those compared to the hasa?

Thanks again, very much for the input!!

This is also my first winter with an Intellichlor SWG. However, I simply adjusted my spa's chlorinator output higher and that has generated more than enough chlorine for my pool as of now.
When my pool filter runs, the water is too cold to have the SWG work, but there isn't much chlorine demand from my pool right now. Just using the spa a couple of times a week seems to do the trick since that water circulates back into the pool water when the pool filter is running.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.