First time using the K-2006 and need a little help.

You should use the sock method to add CYA to a pool. How did you add what you did yesterday?
Add the CYA by using what we call the sock method. Get an old sock (no holes) and put the measured amount of CYA you need. Tie the sock closed and either suspend it in front of a return (hang it from your brush pole works with something weighted on the deck) OR if it still allows flow thru the skimmer, place the sock in the skimmer. Every 15/20 minutes give the sock a squeeze to speed up the process. Please DO NOT follow the directions on the container of CYA to just pour it into the skimmer and don't just toss the sock in the pool as the CYA is acidic and can bleach/stain pool finishes.
I actually did the sock method yesterday, read it on this forum :) I was just thinking its not granular so maybe I didn't need to do this.. I will do the sock method again and will not follow follow back of container. So I will just wait to retest once all the stabilizer is completely gone from sock.

OK -- that is what we call granular.
okay lol. I just was looking up liquid stabilizer vs granular, I was thinking now I have to run out and grab more, maybe buy liquid and I will get faster results? and more $$ I'm sure. Also, I read someone posted that testing should be done a week after for CYA results?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 5.18.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 5.18.50 PM.png
    45.1 KB · Views: 2
If you use the sock method, once the powder is completely dissolved from the sock, you can test after 24 hours.

But realize what you added is in the pool. If you had no CYA before, what you added is what you have.

Reactions: debmar
Just came back from buying 2 gallons of liquid stabilizer, yup $$! So per the Pool Math App, to get from 0 to 40 I added 2 gallons to my 27 round, 18,500 AG pool. I diluted each gallon in a 5 gallon bucket and slowly added in front of outlet. So I will check again the FC and CC tomorrow evening? Do I wait 24 hours and maybe do the overnight test?

Should I do an overnight chlorine test tomorrow night to see if I lose it during the night ? Or what should my next step here be. I don't want to use the chlorine tabs/pucks any more unless I go on vacation, I will use liquid bleach daily. Thank you.
Today
FC 2.5 added 1 cup 4 oz to bring up to 3
TC 0
PH 7.2
CYA 0 added 128 oz liquid stabilizer to bring up to 40

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Per pool math added 128 oz liquid stabilizer and 1 cup of bleach (FC was at 2.5) Just now I went to test ... by the way not using chlorine pucks, I removed them yesterday. Concerned I have no CC
10ML water sample on K2006
FC 5.5 that really jumped for only adding 1 cup
CC 0
CYA should be 40, was 0, added last night
Didn't retest the other chems again.

Should I do an overnight test for chlorine lost still with these readings? And how can I figure out how much liquid bleach to add daily, do I need to test everyday? I don't want to use the pucks anymore since they will raise my CYA ( will use when on vacation)

Should I do an overnight test for chlorine lost still with these readings? And how can I figure out how much liquid bleach to add daily, do I need to test everyday? I don't want to use the pucks anymore since they will raise my CYA ( will use when on vacation)
Yes, test again after sunset, then tomorrow before sunrise. If you don’t lose any and your water is clear, should be all set to just maintain standard levels.

Test for FC andCC daily at the same time and add bleach as needed to stay in target. After a while you will get a feel for your pool and what it needs, and cut back on testing some.

Reactions: debmar
Okay test today after adding stabilizer on Saturday to bring up CYA and removed chlorine pucks from chlorinator feeder, no longer want to use them. per pool math adding 128 ounces of stabilizer should have too my reading on prior of CYA 0 to CYA 40 , but it's higher, should I be overly concerned? I noticed I will have to add a little water to pool for evaporation. Thank you...new and learning
FC 4 per CYA to Chlorine I think I need to bring to target goal of 7 or 8? I'm in the middle with the CYA at 55
CC 0
PH 7.0 should I bring this up a little now?
TA90
CYA 55

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.