Justin9314

Silver Supporter
Feb 21, 2021
Northern Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Hello all,

New pool owner and just kind of learning the ropes. I have green water and wanted to start the slamming process. The pool math app tells me I should be shooting for a 24 FC though? Maybe I’m confused but that doesn’t seem to line up with the information on it (probably confused lol). However before I dropped three gallons of chlorine in, I wanted someone to double check me if possible?

Thanks to all of you experts :)

Hey Justin and Welcome !!! We got you now. Absolutely LOVE your pool logs. We know when they are good data, and when they come from the pool store/ guess strips. You keep feeding us good data and we can help fix anything.

Like Allen said above, the process is exactly that. The more you keep it up and ‘M-aintain’, the faster it goes. We prefer 2-3 hour testing / adding but also understand life happens, so do the best you can.

Keep us posted.

Pool stores can have good deals on MA. If not HD/Lowe’s/Ace have it in the paint aisle year round.

All MA is MA. If you see any buzz words like low fumes / Eco or green it’s half strength. Still all good you just need double. It’s also more user friendly.

No reason to do full tests. Just test FC and CC during the SLAM Process.

What is your target SLAM FC level? I would use 24 for CYA 60.
I am still mastering that CYA test, makes me feel like I am crazy at times lol. After multiple CYA tests in a row, I do feel that it is closer to 50 than 60 so I rolled with the 20 FC. I woke up this morning with the FC at 19 which so far seems to be the theme. When I started this journey yesterday, I could barely see the third step. It is started to get a little clearer as I can now see the final step.

Question though, is it best to leave the cover on or off? Doesn't sunlight burn FC?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Always round up the CYA test when in doubt. Use CYA 60.

Keep the cover open as much as possible.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.