First time tester

Isnt this supposed to be easy?

These are my latest results. I think some of the numbers are starting to come right or i could be completely wrong? Any advise?
FC 17
CC 0
PH 8.2
TA 240
CH 575
CYA 80
Salt 3600
Temp 71

Your chemistry is ok. It can use a bit of tweaking.

Your FC is high. FC/CYA Levels shows your FC target should be 6.

What is your SWG % and pump runtime? Reduce your SWG % to close to 0 and let your FC fall.

pH testing is invalid when FC is over 10. See Taylor pH Test is Unreliable When FC >10 So don't adjust pH until FC is below 10 and you get a good reading.

I would try and lower your FC to the target of 6 so that you can accurately test your PH.

A high PH + high CH can cause scaling. Below are the recommended levels.

Note - If you pool math logs are accurate, it looks like you just added a bunch of acid. That was probably the right thing to do, but really you should turn off your SWCG until your FC drops to under 10 and retest.

I added acid and stabilizer. I think the FC increased so much because I was running the SWG for longer periods while the stabilizer was being put in

Your chemistry is ok. It can use a bit of tweaking.

Your FC is high. FC/CYA Levels shows your FC target should be 6.

What is your SWG % and pump runtime? Reduce your SWG % to close to 0 and let your FC fall.

pH testing is invalid when FC is over 10. See Taylor pH Test is Unreliable When FC >10 So don't adjust pH until FC is below 10 and you get a good reading.
SWG is 50% and runs for 4 hours a day during the week and 8 hours saturday and sunday but its been running alot more since i thought i had to keep the pump running while the stabilizer was dissolving

SWG is 50% and runs for 4 hours a day during the week and 8 hours saturday and sunday but its been running alot more since i thought i had to keep the pump running while the stabilizer was dissolving

That is correct to run your pump while chemicals like stabilizer, salt, or calcium is dissolving and mixing in the water. You have a large SWG cell with a small pool and need to remember to adjust your SWG % down as you run your pump more.

I would put it at 0% until the FC drops to under 10, which may take a few days.
Once that is done run a full set of tests and see what your calculated CSI is. Right now pool math says you are over 1, which is going to start causing scale build-up.

Wooohooo happy dance!
Here my latest results:

FC 7.5
CC 0.5
PH 7.7
TA 90
CH 425
CYA 80
Salt 3800
Temp 77

Any suggestions on changing these numbers? What would you suggest I do next? Borates maybe or just leave and enjoy?

You look good. Go swim. :swim:

Reactions: carnivalday
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.