First time slamming, am I thinking right?

boots

Bronze Supporter
Aug 3, 2018
Jacksonville/FL
OK, I read the pool school book about slamming several times and am I thinking correctly that to slam my pool the pool math says to add 320 oz of 6% bleach, ok this I understand. Now do I add all the bleach at one time but very slowing at the return of my pool? and then keep adding chlorine after testing after 1 or 2 hours later to keep FC level at 20 until I pass the OCLT test it describes?

FC 6
cc .5
pH 7.2
TA 60
CH 325
CYA 50

Thanks, Judy

Welcome :)

You want to get chlorine up to the shock level for your CYA number and maintain that high level of FC until you pass all THREE tests.

1. Clear water
2. OCLT of 1ppm or less FC loss
3. CC of .5 or less.

Yes, keep adding bleach all at once, jug after jug until you reach your initial SLAM level. Bump FC back up to SLAM level whenever how often you can test is. Couple hours is good.

Just take your time adding it...no need to be in a rush. Plus I would add at different locations around the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.