First time SLAM I guess

I don't understand what you're saying. Is it important?

I was just saying after reading the closing thread the pool is suppose to be maintained at shock level for 24hrs before you close it all up for the season. I'll already have it at that once the slam is over. [emoji51][emoji51] two birds one stone. Now to order me a tire tube and a yoga ball to keep the cover up for the rain fall to shed off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use it and consider it insurance. I use it at "visible algae levels". I also bring my pool back up to shock level 24 hours after adding it, but many people don't bother and just close after the polyquat addition.

This is the chemical you want at 60% concentration: poly[oxyethylene(dimethyliminio)ethylene(dimethyliminio) ethylene dichloride]

This year, the cheapest I could find with shipping is shown below, but by now there might be better deals as it is late in the season.
Clor Mor® Algaecide 60 - 1 qt | MKM Pool Spa

The visible algae dose is 16 ounces per 10,000 gallons of pool water (for the 60% concentration), although some people use half that amount if there is no trace of any algae. I err on the high side. I will let you do the math for your pool; the Blackhawks are playing!

- - - Updated - - -

Ha! I didn't even have to do the math for your pool volume. Looks like 3 years worth! No worries, it stores well.

So today it looks clear but cloudy.

Got the ladder out
0c750a9fffecf5a2941081f2078dccb5.jpg
a85d8452d912af5357aeebe2f5b5bd82.jpg
0abbd2811d2212efab693fa221745eda.jpg
193099037252deea4fdcd7c9c238f926.jpg

Looked pretty good until I put it on it's side to drain the stairs out
a04eb3c57b1b6c92a69dc5cc1a688f36.jpg

After vac and brush
c365c5bae7790a12783f5bbb02131c54.jpg
8130c0ae01bdd11e6651bec59fff8424.jpg

So here is my idea for the future.............try to seal the ladder so no water can get in it or try to see about taking the ladder out once a month or so and clean it up.

You are well on your way to a clean and clear pool again!

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So here is my idea for the future.............try to seal the ladder so no water can get in it or try to see about taking the ladder out once a month or so and clean it up.

You are well on your way to a clean and clear pool again!

I'd like to do that but water inside the steps along with the sides filled with sand keep it submerged unfortunately. I probably make it a monthly cleaning tho. Going to come up with a good way to clean the inside this winter. Maybe open the holes up a bit for easier access to clean them out.

Holes??? There access holes??? Do you think you could get a turkey baster filled with chlorine in it into the holes?? Think about this idea.....on a weekly basis add straight chlorine into the holes to flush them out!

Yeah there are holes on the side of each step to allow water in to keep it from floating. All season I never had a problem but with the kids and us in the pool and going up and down the step I guess they stayed agitated enough to keep the algae at bay. Never had an issue until here recently when the pump knocked out of a few days. The return is pointed at the steps so there is flow on them while the pump is running.

I've got a couple of old coolers that I'm going to mix up with some chlorine to clean them out with. Thought about filling and capping them with sand but I think that extra weight would taco the steps.

Guess it's going to be a next season will see what happens kind of deal. I'll make a thread on the steps once we warm up again.

I bet the pump going out was the straw that broke the camel's back......it allowed the the water to sit inside the steps and those algae baddies to take hold.

Here is hoping things go smooth when everything gets clean and running like it should!

So how is the pool doing? Also, how about an updated pic of the new baby too!!!

Hey guys sorry for the delay. Pool is looking good. Got sent out of town again and just got back. Tested the FC yesterday and it was 21.5. SWG is still running for 3hrs a day (not sure if its actually doing anything tho, water temp is 54). Battling the leaves now. Hoping to close her up next week and get the cover on it. Picked up another bottle of bleach today to hopefully get me through the closing process.

I'll post pics later on today of the pool and a new one of the little man for ya MarianParoo.

What an "Awesome Guy"!!! So precious!

The SWG isn't producing chlorine at those temps. I would keep the filter going and bump the FC back up to 28. It's still cloudy in there so you're not done slamming.

Thanks!

Yeah I turned the SWG off before it was set to start its cycle today. As soon as the oldest one gets off the bus I'm going to get it bumped back up and keep it there. I'll keep ya posted on how it goes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.