First-time poster! Intex pool, newly set up, going green

Re: First-time poster! Intex pool, newly set up, going gree

Can you please update your signature with your pool specs please. It helps to know what you have if we can glance at your signature instead of rooting through older post trying to see what you have. Also, please update your profile with your state, again, so we don't have to continually ask you where you are located. It helps a lot that we can have this info just by glancing at your signature and profile.

Thanks. :cool:

Casey, no, I didn't order it. I wanted to get it sooner than I would receive it via ordering it somewhere... so went to town to the pool supply place this morning. I asked for this FAS-DPD test kit. It was a rather shocking $70, but the salesperson showed it to me and then said, "You really don't need to buy this, as we use this same kit to do our free, in-store testing." So, went home, got a bottle of our water, and took it back. Our numbers right now are the following:
FAC: 4 (OK)
TAC: 4 (OK)
Salt: 3300 (High)
CH: 60 (Low)
CYA: 60 (OK)
TA: 110 (OK)
pH: 7.1 (a tiny bit low, but this will go up once I get my 6 kids back out in it, right?)
Base: 4
Copper: 0 (Ok)
Iron: 0 (OK)
Phosphates: 500 (high)

Anything to worry about with these numbers? The pool place said they looked good, but tried to sell us -- in typical pool place fashion -- an outrageously overpriced bucket of baking soda to bring up that ph. FYI: We have not added anything to the pool in 48 hours and these numbers are reflective of testing this afternoon. Please tell me if/when we're ready to turn on that salt water system. Thanks for all your help.

How does your water look?

You do realize you need a test kit right?

damianhaarhoff said:
Please tell me if/when we're ready to turn on that salt water system. Thanks for all your help.

You will be ready to turn it on when you've successfully completed the shock process... which requires a test kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.