First time pool startup

Okay got it. I didn’t spring for the DE bc that’s an extra $50 I’d rather not spend lol so will just have to be patient I suppose. Although too bad doesn’t look like it’ll be ready for Memorial Day
If you can see the bottom, safe to swim with FC up to slam level. Yeah, my slam was right before July 4th. I SLAMMED every 2 hours for 18 hours a day. Pool was open for the holiday weekend...

If you can see the bottom, safe to swim with FC up to slam level. Yeah, my slam was right before July 4th. I SLAMMED every 2 hours for 18 hours a day. Pool was open for the holiday weekend...
Oh yeah I can’t see like 6 inches beneath the surface hahaha but yes will just wait it out. Ty

I do not see any test data in your Poolmath logs, have you tried an OCLT?
I haven’t been keeping up with my chlorine logs. But I’ve been only checking FC levels. Keeping it up to SLAM to a T.

Should I be checking other levels? I have not tried an OCLT. But last night I went to sleep at 16ppm. And woke up at 16ppm. By mid day- it was down to 11ppm (my pool is in direct sunlight literally from 8am to 5pm so I lose chlorine pretty quick)

Are you still getting alot of dead algae on the pool floor, steps, etc?
Well I can’t see the bottom but nothing really coming in my dolphin aside from some sand assuming from my backwashing of filter. There is a little buildup of dead algae on the steps that I keep brushing off because my dolphin doesn’t get on the steps. But the dolphin is roaming pretty much six hours a day brushing the floors and walls.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
But last night I went to sleep at 16ppm. And woke up at 16ppm. By mid day- it was down to 11ppm
Man. When time ceases to exist and it becomes FC measurements........... it's been a battle. :laughblue:

Hang in there Shtutty. You're doing GREAT. 👇
Keeping it up to SLAM to a T.
(y)

Do you have any lights, ladder, or any other small areas algae can hide?
Haven’t put in my ladder yet. So no not really. I do have a “spa” that’s connected with a broken main drain but I’ve been vacuuming that area with a mini vac that I have lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.