First time pool owner

jawathehutt

Apr 10, 2023
Maryland
Hello all, I just moved into a house with an in-ground pool. I have about ten years of experience in aquatics, but only the last two were as a certified pool operator; the rest were lifeguarding and swim lessons with the pool testing that goes along with that. About eight years ago, I left aquatics to go to law school, and aside from some lifeguarding as a side job, I haven't done anything pool related. The previous owners had a $200/week pool service come, which I hope to avoid. I'm paying for this year's initial opening to minimize the learning curve. We always paid our pool supply and maintenance contractor to do that at the pool I managed, so I don't have any experience with it, though I'll be doing the post-day-1 work myself.

Now I'm trying to figure out which Taylor kits have the reagents for combined chlorine at the moment...

You can certainly manage a pool and save the outrageous $200/week fees towards that long overdue trip to Europe!

The most important thing to know is you're now dealing with a residential pool and not a public pool with its Health Department oversight. This means better methods of sanitation for your water, actually.

Fill out a <Signature Line> under <Settings>, telling us about your pool, finish, equipment in use, how you plan on sanitizing and testing. This will help us a lot when it comes to answering specific questions. Thanks in advance. :)

Maddie :flower: